I went to my family clinic this morning. Wanted to consult the doctor regarding my blood pressure medication, which seems not to do me any good, at the moment. And I came out of the doctor's room with some no good news. Let me just keep it to myself for now....
I need to get some rest. Take care all of you and thank you for coming.....
I will leave you with this recipe that I've tried yesterday night. Made this out of curiosity. The method is different from all the chiffon cakes's method that I've made before. I still think, the normal way will give a better texture. But this chiffon is soft too and not to mention nice. Otherwise, hubby won't be asking for more.... *wink*
PANDAN CHIFFON CAKE
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Ucu Tipah via Resepi Mudah
150g superfine flour
150g caster sugar
1 teaspoon ovalette
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 large eggs
80ml screwpine juice (I just add water + green food coloring + pandan essence = 80g)
80ml corn oil
1. In the mixing bowl, add superfine flour, sugar, ovalette, baking powder and eggs. Beat on high speed till light and fluffy.
2. Lower the speed and pour in the screwpine juice. Gradually increase the speed and beat on high speed till light.
3. Last but not least, add in the corn oil and fold the mixture.
4. Pour into a 23cm chiffon cake tin, ungreased.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 for 45 minutes or till done. Oven temperature and baking time may differ.
6. Once baked, turn your chiffon pan upside down and leave to cool. Remove from pan, slice and serve.
Have a nice day!