Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Rainbow Chiffon Cake

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Have you ever received phone calls on your cellphone, from any banks, offering you this programme, that scheme and whatsoever? Well, I have, a couple of times. They will first ask, may i speak to so and so, and when you said you are the person, then they will ask you, can you spare some time to hear to what they have to say... right?

Well my problem is, everytime I said, I am busy and I have no time to spare, they said they will call back. And when I said there is no need to call as I am not interested, they said, it's okay, we will call you back. Gosh... they never give up huh?

Indeed she called again, using another number! When she introduced herself as Miss X from Bank Y, I said, sorry I am not interested as I am just a housewife with no income. She kept talking and I kept answering, i am not interested in banks. Then she said, if I said I am not interested in banks, then don't I have any bank accounts? Goodness... whatever bank accounts I have and how many bank accounts that I hold is my personal matter and I don't have to tell the whole world right? Gosh... I almost lost my patience. What's more, that time my mind was fully occupied with a sick mom, a child sitting for exam and my medical check up to worry about! I can understand, that is part of their job but sometimes they just have to be careful when choosing their words..... But I am sure I wasn't rude with her, I just said my final 'not interested', sorry and thank you and I hung up.....


T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

Stumbled upon the lovely looking Rainbow Chiffon Cake at DG's Blog quite sometime ago. Copied it down and forgotten all about it until last Sunday. I thought had enough with chiffons because the latest Oreo Blueberry Chiffon Cake that I made last Saturday, using the very same recipe as this one, didn't turn out as I want it to be. I don't really know what went wrong. I was kind of frusterated. But being me, I won't give up easily and yes... I dare myself to try another chiffon recipe. I made the right decision.

Thank you to DG of Tested and Tasted for sharing this lovely recipe from her Kevin Chai’s book ‘Chiffon Cake is done’. The cake turned out lovely and it is not only me saying that but everyone who tasted it said so. The recipe below is how I had done the cake. To see the original recipe and also the adjusted recipe by DG, please visit her lovely blog ya.


RAINBOW CHIFFON CAKE
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : DG of Tested and Tasted


Ingredients :
Egg yolk batter:

6 egg yolks
50 g sugar
60g corn oil
60g coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon pandan essence
110 g self-raising four

Food coloring :

Few drops yellow colouring
Few drops pink colouring (I added strawberry essence)
Few drops green coloring (I added pandan essence)

Egg white foam :

6 egg whites
¼ tsp Cream of tartar
70g sugar



Method :

1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. To make egg yolk batter : Combine egg yolks, sugar, oil and coconut milk in a mixing bowl. Fold in flour until forms batter.
3. Divide batter into 3 portions. Add in different colour and essence separately, mix until well blended.
4. To make egg white foam : Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy, gradually add in sugar, beat at high speed until frothy and stiff peaks.
5. Divide egg white foam into 3 portions. Gently fold into egg yolk batter separately, mix until well blended.
6. Pour each of colour batter mixture into ungreased 23cm tube pan by sequence.
7. Bake in for 40 - 50 minutes or until cooked.
8. Once baked, turn your chiffon pan upside down and leave to cool. Remove from pan, slice and serve.


Have a nice day!


23 comments:

  1. Hi cayang, yuhhhuuuu... I'm here for supper,get kopi ready!! LOL
    Lovely chiffon, so cottony soft and fluffy. The rainbow color... oh... so sweet looking. yum yum

    Have a great week ahead, regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello cayang Amelia... yuhuu to you too...
      Wah.. inviting yourself eh.. sorrylah semalam tak bukak pintu. I sudah boom early. Yesterday energy habis cepat la, so kena recharge! Hahaha....Next time give one day notice okay.. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Wah warna-warna pelangi....kita buat rainbow donut tadi..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama dah tengok dah Puan Ros punya rainbow donut. So colorful, so comel. Macam nak buat tapi nak kena habiskan dulu apa yang ada kat rumah ni....

      Delete
  3. Sooooooooooo sweeeeeeeeetttttttt.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ihik ihik..... *tawa gediks*
      Thank you abang Mat... ahaks... abang tawwwww

      Delete
  4. Macam pastel colour kan..gebusss jer..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama memang suka soft colors. Garang-garang, takutttt... hehehe

      Delete
  5. Teramatlah tergodanya...nampak sangat lembut, soft colours....(tak mau kata nak cuba lagi...takut tak terbuat :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi... biasalah kan, kita kita ni kalau teruja tergoda tu nombor 1. Masa tengok, berkobar-kobar nak buat, tapi bila dah tak ngadap laptop/komputer.. terus lain jadinya...

      Delete
  6. chiffon cake ni kek kegemaranku, kena plk warna warni mcm ni...mmng menyelerakan sungguh..menarik lerrrr mamaFami....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yatie kan expert. Kalau takat chiffon ni, tutup sebelah mata je leh buat.. hehehe...

      Delete
  7. salam Mama..
    wowwwwwwwww lama nya tk singgah sini tertarik tengok kek chiffon tu cantik bangattt, lagipun internet baru baik demam ni alhamdulillah dpt jenjalan macam biasa haha dah panjang kaki ni..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Kak Noor....
      Kita pun dah lama gak tak jalan sinin sinun.. Sibuk manjang.
      Hihi.. ingatkan orang je demam, rupanya tenet pun leh jangkit ek?

      Delete
  8. So beautiful! Love the pastel colours of your cake and your chiffon is just perfectly baked, tall and look even fluffy than mine. Thanks for your shout out too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DG for dropping by. And thanks a bunch for introducing this lovely recipe. Love the taste, love the look and love baking it.... mmm my cake is tall and handsome eh... hahaha...

      Delete
  9. jatuh cinta berkali2 bila sis tayang chiffon2 ni...uaaa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi.. usah dipendam cinta di dalam hati... luahkanlah sis... cuba buat chiffon ni. Tak susah insyaAllah....

      Delete
  10. MamaFami dear,

    Malaih nk buat tpi nak makan..camner tuuu..tulunn..

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!