Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Baked Macaroni with Tuna

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

MERDEKA!!!!
Oh no no no... Today is not the 31st August, but today is the 27th November, 2012... the last day for my son to be a school boy. He sat for his last SPM paper today.

Last Saturday, when I was ironing his last two pairs of school uniform, I felt sad... thinking that it will be the second last time I will be ironing his uniforms. I will be ironing the last pair when he goes to school for the result but that will be next year, In Sha ALLAH.

And this morning and evening, again I felt the same, when sending him to school and fetching him home. When we left the school, I drove slowly and even looked back to see the school. I guess it is because I had been doing the same routine for the past 5 years and it's not that easy to just let it go.

Well, looking on the bright side... I no longer have to be like a thief to watch TV. Normally I will lock my bedroom door and put on a low volume to avoid my son from 'keeping me company' in front of the TV. So just now, I watched one after another programme, from Merlin to Kung Fu Panda! Hahahahaha... When I told my sister about this, she just said,"I am really confused! Who had just sat for SPM? You or your son?" Ahahahaha... macamlah tak biasa... mama kan selalu over!!!!


T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

Syahmi had 3 sets of papers for Biology. So he had to stay back after the second paper as it is just a short interval. So I sent him lunch at 12.30 pm just now. He requested for Burgers. Besides the burger, I had tried something new today, and that was among his lunch menu today. And my son had shared the small portion with his friends. Oh how sweet.


Thank you to Kuchai for sharing this simple and yummy recipe with us. It doesn't take long to prepare and I love the taste.....


 BAKED MACARONI WITH TUNA
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Kuchai Latiff


Ingredients :

Macaroni
onion - diced
garlic - chopped
1 achovies cube
Chilli paste
Kimball spagetti sauce
2 tablespoons flour
Fresh milk
button mushroom - sliced thinly
frozen mixed vegetable
cauliflower - cut to small chunks
salt to taste
2 cans of tuna in water/vegetable oil
cheese (any to your liking. I used kraft singles and grated mozarella cheese)
cooking oil
dash of black pepper


Method :

1. Boil the macaroni till al dente, put through a sieve and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok and add in onion and garlic. When the onions are soft, add in anchovies cube. Stir well.
3. Add in chillie paste. Fry till fragrant.
4. Add in spagetti sauce, Stir and add flour.
5. Pour in the milk and stir gradually.
6. Add in button mushroom, mixed vegetable and cauliflower. Cook till the vegetables are soft and the sauce thickens. Balance the taste with salt.
7. In a big bowl pour the macaroni, tuna and the sauce. Mix well.
8. Transfer the mixture into a baking dish then top with cheese and dash of black pepper.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 25 to 30 mins.



Have a nice day!

12 comments:

  1. salam Mama
    terliur akak tengok baked macaroni ni macam nk try jugak sbb ada lebihan macaroni jugak kat umah ni, cheese pun ada rasa nya tunggu bako je ni heee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalailumussalam kak Nooriah...

      Senang je buat benda ni. Alhamdulillah kenan pulak tekak ni. Dulu pernah juga cuba buat baked mac tapi selalu ended up kering. Yang ni okay...

      Delete
  2. sedapnya tgk ni Mama...mcm nk curik smangkuk aje tu..hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyyy...jangan curikkkk...nanti kena potong tangan baru tahu. Hehehe...lenkali kalau nak...mintak. Erkkk tapi kalau mintak sekarang...sorrylah...dah abes...hehehe

      Delete
  3. Hi Kakak,

    Best wishes for your son's SPM. I am sure he will do well.

    Nice, simple mac recipe.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sally.

      Thanks for the wishes. Everything's over now... just praying for the best...

      Delete
  4. Hi my dearest,anak punya exam.... mak belajar, mak kang cheong, mak yang risau... hehehe biasa lah. And the children cool only!!

    Your baked macaroni sure look very tempting and appetizing. Lovely picture.
    Next time I must come early bawak tupperware lah. LOL

    Have a nice day. With hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betullah like you said. The anak yang nak sit for the exam, the parents yang risau sampai bp boleh naik! Hahaha... For me, I had to sacrifice myself from watching TV, sitting in front of the internet and any sorts of entertainment. Otherwise nanti dia datang nak 'keep me company'. Sakit kepala ooo if he's not studying. Dia nak pi exam in the morning, the mom dup dap dup dap at home tau!

      Now we are just praying for the best la... I think I've done my part. So I have nothing to regret... mmmmm

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ce cuba ce... Harap menepati selera Putri Zuraidah ye... :)

      Delete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!