"What's for breakfast/lunch/tea/dinner/supper mom?"
or in a more 'pleasing' or 'bodek'-ing way..
"Hmmmm.... something smells really good. My mom is definately a good cook. Can I eat now?" Hahaha....
So the moms had to be prepared. If the mom is fully energetic and has all the time in the world, then she might prepare something awesome, but if she is always in a hurry to do this and that, go here and there, then finger food sounds nice too... as long as the tummy is filled... that's good enough.
Made these a couple of days ago for Syahmi to enjoy with his friends. Effortless, yet filling. Next time round, if I do have extra time, I will add a slice of cheese to the roll.... yummmmm......
FINGER FOOD - BREAD SAUSAGE ROLLS
Posted by MamaFaMi
Yields : 20 pieces
10 pieces white bread
10 beef/chicken sausages (I used Ramly brand)
1 egg - lightly beaten
To make the 'flour glue' :
1 teaspoon flour
a bit of water
Mix both ingredients to form paste. Set aside.
1. Roll thin the white bread.
2. Place the sausage at the edge of the bread and roll till the other end.
3. Seal using the 'flour glue'. Set aside. Repeat the same process till all 10 pieces are done.
4. Heat enough oil in a wok.
5. When the oil is hot, dip the bread roll into the egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
6. Fry till golden brown. It doesn't take long to fry so do not leave the rolls unattended.
7. Remove from oil, onto the kitchen towel.
8. Cut the roll into two and serve warm.
Have a nice day!