Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2012

Onion Pancake II

F.O.R T.H.E S.O.U.L

"Forgiveness is not for the weak.

Being able to forgive those who have wronged you is a mark of spiritual strength and confidence.

When you forgive, you grow, your heart begins to heal, your back straightens up, your eyes clear so that you can see the road ahead.

Anger is a spiritual sickness, but when you forgive, you live."


~ Mufti Ismail Menk ~

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

This morning, I have no idea what to serve mom for her breakfast. She is still on soft diet, so nasi lemak is out of the story. Not only it is hard but also spicy. After sending the boys to school, I went straight into the kitchen and wallah.. an idea popped into my head. Why not make some Onion Pancake as there is some chicken curry leftovers.

I was too lazy to check my blog for the recipe that I once made before, so I just chuck in whatever I feel and think approriate! Hahaha... like people use to say..."kita yang buat dia".. so yes, this was what I managed to produce. And I must say, it tasted better than the previous one... or was I that hungry just now? Ahahahahaha.....


LEMPENG BAWANG II (Onion pancake II)
Posted by MamaFaMi

Ingredients :

1 egg
1/2 cup fresh milk
1/2 cup water (maybe more)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 Holland onion - sliced thinly
Olive oil

Method :

1. Whisk egg in a bowl. Add in fresh milk, water and salt. Mix thoroughly.
2. Add flour and baking powder. Mix well to form thin batter.
3. Add in onion and stir to mix.
4. Heat a non stick skillet. Add a bit of olive oil.
5. Pour some batter on the skillet and using the back of the spoon to spread batter into a round.
6. Cook until surface of pancake changes color, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
7. Serve with chicken curry or anything to your liking.


Have a nice day!


18 comments:

  1. Hi Kakak,

    This is such a simple yet mouth watering pancake. I am going to try this tonite for dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    I managed to get I love u stupid, novel. I purchase it online from www.mphonline.com.my. Since the book is thick, postage was RM7. But it was worth it since I did not have to spend on petrol and parking ticket to go purchase it. Book was delivered within 2 working days. It's a good novel. I am currently hooked on it - just at chapter 39 so far. Can't wait to read more.

    Hope your mom is recovering well.

    Have a great week ahead.

    Regards,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sally,

      Wah... you just bought the book and you are not on chapter 39. I had started reading like ages ago, and I am just above chapter 50. Need to catch up but time is not on my side. So sad! It is indeed a good novel. I just read that much but now I feel like I appreciate my life much better and am very thankful to have what I have at the moment. At the same time, praying for others to have a better life too...

      Thank you for your kind words for my mom. She's doing okay so far...

      Delete
  2. Assalamualaikum MamaFami,

    Terasa ingin mencuba,
    Suka suka sangat ..with your lovely blog - boleh belajar masak dalam masa yang sama sharpen my english.

    Terima kasih kerana berkongsi. Moga diberi kekuatan untuk berkongsi pengalaman dan resepi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Hasanah,

      Terima kasih lah kerana sudi suka kat blog mama yang tak seberapanya ini. Huhuhu... bab English tu, check check jugalah ye. Mama ni bukannya pandai sangat. Main taram je. Kalau betul, bolehlah dijadikan panduan, tapi kalau ada kesilapan, jangan lupa tegur-tegurkan ye...

      Amin amin atas doa yang Hasanah panjatkan buat mama. Selagi ada hayat dan kemampuan untuk berkongsi, In Shaa ALLAH akan mama terus berkongsi.

      Delete
  3. errm...baru lepas menikmati lempeng bawang ni, dengan sambal tumis ikan bilis...lama dah tak makan, dulu arwah mak selalu buat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lempeng bawang dengan sambal tumis ikan bilis memang debomb... sedap sedap sedap! Yumm....

      Delete
  4. MamaFami..wajib guna fresh milk ke??x ley ganti ngan bahan lain ke??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miz Polka Dots,

      Resepi yang pertama dulu, mama tak masukkan pun fresh milk. Boleh aje. Masukkan extra air je la... Masuk fresh milk tu saja nak bagi lemak sikit je...

      Delete
  5. Terima kasih mama kerana beri idea untuk sarapan kami besok.Menu yg simple tp so yummy.Nampak seperti roti canai ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cik Manggis,

      Rasanya ini lebih healthy dari roti canai sebab very little minyak is used. Itu pun buat syarat je... :)

      Delete
  6. wow!! mengancam la mama... teringin la pulak...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi MamaFami my sweetie, this pancake look delicious, I think 4 pieces will do my fine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Amelia dearie...

      I think 4 pieces not enough. With my delicious curry (hahaha...masuk bakul angkat sendiri!!!) you will ask for 4 plates maybe... hahaha...

      Delete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!