Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Lempeng Pisang Kelapa

TEA TIME!!!!

When I came across this recipe at Puan Yatie's blog, I remembered my late adopted granny (may her soul rest in peace). She was such a good cook. Not only she cookes well but she makes delicious kuihs too. Once I sat with her to copy down all the recipes but my oh my... she had it all in her head and to make things worst, she does not have any measurements whatsoever. She simply threw everything into the bowl and 'zam zam ala kazammmm'... everything's ready! I wish I have the same power of 'zam zam ala kazammmm'.... hahahaha....

Made this yesterday evening for mom's tea. But I need to make a confession here, I didn't actually follow the same measurement, infact I was acting clever yesterday, and I simply chuck the ingredients without measuring. I made the lempeng with only 2 bananas and added 1/4 teaspoon baking powder to the batter.

Thank you Puan Yatie for sharing the recipe with us. Allow me to repost your recipe here.


LEMPENG PISANG KELAPA (Banana Coconut Pancake)
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Yatiememories


Ingredients :

4 pieces bananas
1/4 cup granulated sugar
a pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups freshly grated coconut
2 cups flour
1 cup water
a bit of oil

Method :

1. Mashed banana with sugar and salt.
2. Add freshly grated coconut. Stir to mix.
3. Add flour a little at a time. Add water and mix well.
4. Heat a non stick pan and grease with a bit of oil.
5. Scoop 3 spoonfuls of mixture into the pan like you would make a pancake.
6. Flip over the pancake till both sides are cooked.
7. Fold into half and ready to serve.



Have a nice day!


14 comments:

  1. yummy..² nnti nk try buat utk diri sendiri...
    tatau lh org rumah suka ke x??..tq..mamafami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lom cuba lom tahu kan... Mana tahu boleh menggamit selera orang orang di dalam rumah... :)

      Delete
  2. woohoo Mama, this is delicious!
    the teapot is so pretty, I like....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,

      It is delicious. Anything traditional is surely the best. Oh you like the teapot. It's a gift from hubby's niece. :)

      Delete
  3. wah sini ada lempeng pisang kelapa memang sedap ni Mama fav my hubby hee layangkan sekeping Mama boleh tak??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kak Nooriah...

      Ce sambut ce... kita dah layangkan tadi.. dapat tak? Ke dah terpergi rumah sebelah? Kita buat 3 je kak. Tak leh nak layang lagi dah ni... hahahahaha....

      Delete
  4. waduhhhhh menu simple tapi menyelerakan, sedap wat minum petang..kena pulak musim hujan mcm ni...mmng menu mcm ni yg sedap..meh mamaFami bagi yatie rasa sekeping..jadilah wat rasa2 je...he3..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nak bagi Yatie rasa? Ooooo tak bley tak bley tak bley.... nanti Yatie kata, lempeng pisang Yatie lagi sedap... kecik ati mama nanti... ahahahaha... boleh lak cam tu ek? Sabor je la!

      Delete
  5. assalam dear mama...where got cukup 3 ketui ma...kita nak tapau lagik nih...hihi! tapau sekali ngan teko uh bleh tak..berkenan lak di hati!!
    zam zam alakazammmm...kalu buat naik tika terbang boleh lerrr!!!haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Kak Nik Ja.

      Cukuplah 3 untuk warga rumah ni yang tak berapa nak makan kuih muih. Tapau dengan teko? Hmm ce gosok teko tu, kalau keluar genie, baru leh bagi tapau teko.. kalau tak, sorrylah ye... ahahaha...

      Delete
  6. Hi Cayang, I'm back but lambat sikit cos heavy rain. hehehe
    I bawak tupper tapau leyyy.....look mouth watering. YUMMY!!

    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear...

      Wah, stuck in traffic eh? Hubby pun whatsapp me just now.. a short note to say...JAM TERUK! Adoi... don't know what time he will reach home. Kesian dia.

      Laa, what for bawak tupperware... sini ada banyak tipuware. Tapi cannot tapau also la, coz I made 3 pieces only... orang kata, biar sikit tak apa, tak membazir... hahahaha...

      I think I really need my beauty sleep la. Want to sleep early tonight. Not feeling too good. Suara sudah serak serak basah! Huhuhu....

      Delete
  7. Salam Mamaaaa

    Sedap lah... the last time Rima makan lempeng pisang kat gerai yusuf haslam in KL.. nak jugak!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ermmmm...sedapnye. best2 mesti cuba. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!