When I came across this recipe at Puan Yatie's blog, I remembered my late adopted granny (may her soul rest in peace). She was such a good cook. Not only she cookes well but she makes delicious kuihs too. Once I sat with her to copy down all the recipes but my oh my... she had it all in her head and to make things worst, she does not have any measurements whatsoever. She simply threw everything into the bowl and 'zam zam ala kazammmm'... everything's ready! I wish I have the same power of 'zam zam ala kazammmm'.... hahahaha....
Made this yesterday evening for mom's tea. But I need to make a confession here, I didn't actually follow the same measurement, infact I was acting clever yesterday, and I simply chuck the ingredients without measuring. I made the lempeng with only 2 bananas and added 1/4 teaspoon baking powder to the batter.
Thank you Puan Yatie for sharing the recipe with us. Allow me to repost your recipe here.
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Yatiememories
4 pieces bananas
1/4 cup granulated sugar
a pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups freshly grated coconut
2 cups flour
1 cup water
a bit of oil
1. Mashed banana with sugar and salt.
2. Add freshly grated coconut. Stir to mix.
3. Add flour a little at a time. Add water and mix well.
4. Heat a non stick pan and grease with a bit of oil.
5. Scoop 3 spoonfuls of mixture into the pan like you would make a pancake.
6. Flip over the pancake till both sides are cooked.
7. Fold into half and ready to serve.
Have a nice day!