I blamed MAK CHU for everything that had been happening to me these past few days! She is the one who dragged me into this, till I became addicted! Oh no no no... not that bad kind of addict. This is the good kind of addict! Hahaha... But to be addicted to this good kind of addict is quite hazardous.
I am addicted to LAURA VITALE's website!
What made me fall for her website?
1. I like to watch how she prepares her dishes. It looks so simple yet can make you drool!
2. She cares less of how perfect her end product looks like, but they do look good!
3. I like her bubbly character.
4. I like her kitchen and all her kitchen stuffs.
5. And finally, I like looking at her. To my eyes, she looks like Sandra Bullock and I like Sandra! Hahahaha...
And these past few days, I had been skipping my lunch. I know it is bad but I got carried away watching her videos and how she enjoyed her end product. Funny thing is, that makes me full! Hahahaha....
One of her recipes that I watched yesterday was Seared Salmon with sauteed spinach and mushroom. I was so eager to try out the recipe. With my neighbour Kak Ana, we headed for Giant Supermarket to get the stuffs needed. Unfortunately I can't find any baby spinach and cremini mushrooms. So I had to settle for fresh shitake mushrooms and butterhead salad instead of spinach. Yeah I know, butterhead is salad that should be eaten raw but hey, what choice do I have. That's all I can think about that time! Hahaha... Anyway, our dinner was good. Yummilicious and filling. Above all, it is easy to prepare and doesn't take long. Thank you Laura for this lovely recipe! Will surely try your other recipes too. Had quite a list in mind! *wink*
SEARED SALMON WITH SAUTEED BUTTERHEAD AND MUSHROOM
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Laura Vitale
4 (4oz each) Fillets of Fresh Salmon
10 oz of
1 Tomato, chopped
6 oz of Fresh
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil plus 1 tablespoon
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Add the oil and garlic in a large skillet with high sides and preheat it over medium heat, once the garlic is nice and sizzling, add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook the mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes or until they have cooked down, add the tomato and season a bit more with salt and allow it to cook for a couple minutes.
2. Turn the heat up to medium high and add the spinach and place a lid on the skillet and let it cook for a minute or two or until the spinach has wilted. Remove the lid and season with a bit more salt if you feel it needs it, add the balsamic vinegar and just mix everything together so it’s all mixed with the vinegar. Remove the veggies to a plate and cover it to keep warm, set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add another 1 Tbsp of oil and allow it to get nice and hot on medium high, season your salmon with salt and pepper on both sides and place them skin side down in the hot skillet. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side if your salmon is about 1 inch thick.
4. Set it on your cooked veggies and top with a little fresh parsley.
I've served this with some mashed potato.
|For the recipe, please click HERE|
And this is Mr Hubby's share...
Have a nice day!