A few days back, I received an unpleasant comment in one of my entries. A someone by the name of ELLE just wrote JALANG!!! (translation : BITCH). When I first read it, I was sort of angry and irritated. What have I done to deserve that title? But after a while, when I got back my senses, I just deleted the comment so that it won't scar my blog with that unpleasant phrase. I said to myself, if I see Elle's action as being a useless thing to do, why must I be like him/her? Then I will be someone useless as well. I should thank him/her for at least having a heart to visit my blog and again for taking his/her time to leave a comment. By doing just that, he/she has contributed at least 2 clicks in my blog. Thank you Elle, whoever you are... I am not sure it's a he or a she because when I clicked at the name, it seems he/she doesn't have a blog.... This action of mine, is what I call, taking something unpleasant, the positive way! Hahaha.... True or false... you tell me!
Yesterday, I was given an assignment by my Honey Bun Junior. Actually I was the one asking for 'trouble'. Hahaha... I had asked him, what would he like to have for lunch. And he said CHICKEN CHOP! Oh me oh my.... haven't tried any Chicken Chop recipe so far, though had been wanting to prepare it for quite sometime. So yes, I started my 'research' in the net. Came across a couple of recipes. I had to mix and match the recipes, according to whatever's available at home. Let me just thank these ladies and gentlemen for making this combo possible.....
KMal, taukey Western Food and Cakes, for the Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe.
Hana for the Mushroom & Blackpepper Gravy and also the Mashed Potato recipe
Naseem, my dear friend in Malawi, who taught me how to prepare the dressing for salad.
Hubby dearie, for teaching me how to fry the chips
Last but not least... Honey Bun Junior, for making me prepare this meal!
Syahmi's feedback....with his dramatic face.... I thought he's going to say that it doesn't taste good, judging from the face mimic he gave me.... But then his face changed when he said... IT'S DELICIOUS MOM AND THE MASHED POTATO TASTED JUST LIKE BIG PLATE...our favourite Western Food Restaurant... and that makes the mom
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
2 pieces of chicken breast
2 pieces sliced cheese
egg ~ lightly beaten
oil for deep frying
1. Clean chicken breast. Wrap the sausage with the sliced cheese. Make a slit in the middle of the chicken and insert the wrapped sausage.
2. Rub the chicken with salt, pepper and oyster sauce. I marinate for 2 hours.
3. Coat the marinated chicken with flour.
4. Dip in the egg.
5. Roll into the bread crumbs.
6. Fry till golden brown.
MUSHROOM AND BLACKPEPPER GRAVY
2 cups chicken or beef stock (I just dilute the chicken cube in enough water)
1/2 cup fresh milk (I used low fat milk)
crushed black pepper
2 inches celery stick ~ sliced
1/2 onion ~ diced
2 tablespoon sweet soya sauce (more if you want the color of the gravy to be darker)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 can button mushroom ~ sliced (I used less because Syahmi is not into mushroom so much)
2 tablespoons flour ~ mix wit water (as a thickening agent)
salt and sugar ~ if necessary
1. Pour the chicken/beef stock in a pot. Add fresh milk, diced onion and sliced celery. Let it boil.
2. Remove from heat and put through a sieve. Place it back on the stove.
3. Add black pepper, soya sauce, oyster sauce, butter, button mushroom, salt and sugar. Stir.
4. Last but not least, add in flour mixture to the thickness you desire. Remove from heat.
5. Pour onto the chicken and mashed potato.
Fresh milk (I used low fat milk)
finely crushed black pepper
a dash of salt
1. Wash the potatoes and boil till soft.
2. Remove the potatoes skin.
3. Mash the potatoes with the back of a spoon, together with milk, butter, black pepper and salt.
4. Scoop the mashed potato onto a serving plate and pour the gravy on top.