CHEESY FRIED BANANAS
Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : Fiza via Azlita
A dozen of frying bananas - remove the skin and halved
Cheddar Cheese - I used Beqa brand
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
salt to taste
1/2 cup fresh milk
1 medium sized egg
1 tablespoon melted margarine
Coating sauce :
1 tablespoon margarine
1 tablespoon condensed milk
To prepare the batter.
1. Sift rice flour, plain flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add in the turmeric and salt.
2. In a small bowl, crack the egg and add the cooled melted margarine.
3. Pour into the flour and stir. At the same time, pour in the milk as well, a little at a time till you get the right consistency. It must not be too thick or too watery.
4. Heat oil in a wok. Dip the bananas into the batter and fry till golden brown. Set aside.
To prepare the coating sauce :
1. Melt margarine in a small pot. Remove from heat.
2. Add in the condensed milk and a bit of grated cheese. Stir to mix.
3. Coat each piece of fried bananas with the sauce and arrange on your serving plate.
4. Grate some cheddar cheese on top. You can also sprinkle some chocolate vermicelli or grated cooking chocolate.
Have a nice day!