The first question that came across my mind when I started typing this entry is.... will I finish the entry till it is published or will I stop halfway and left it just as it is! Hmmmm..... I think, today I will try to make sure there is a new entry in my blog! Aja aja fighting mama!!!
Anyway, is there anyone out there who has a Kenwood Major dough hook and no longer need them? If so, kindly contact MULAN. Thank you...
CHICKEN PIE (with Pie Maker)
Posted by MamaFaMi
I used readymade puff pastry KAWAN brand
Crust for the base :
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg ~ slightly beaten
6 - 8 tablespoons water (from the fridge)
1. Sift flour and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Rub in margarine to form bread crumbs.
3. Add in egg and mix well.
4. Pour in the cold water bit by bit till a soft and smooth dough is formed.
5. Keep in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
Adapted from : Makcik Kantin
1 Holland onion - diced
3 piece chicken fillet - cut to small cubes
1 sachet mushroom soup powder (I used Campbell)
300 gm mixed vegetable
button mushrooms - sliced
black pepper crushed
- Heat oil in a pan and saute diced onions till soft.
- Add chicken, stir to break the lumps and cook till all the chicken turns white.
- Add in a sachet of mushroom soup powder. Stir.
- Add in the mixed vegetable and sliced button mushroom.
- Add enough water. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook at slow fire till done.
To assemble :
1. Roll the dough for the base.. about 1/2 cm thick. Cut using the dough cutter attached with the pie maker.
2. Place the small piece onto the base of the pie maker.
3. Spoon enough filling into the middle.
4. Cut the puff pastry using the pie cutter and place on top.
5. Bake for 8 minutes. Enjoy!
|My Pie Maker. Thank you to Hir Yanti, my sister's friend for making it possible for me to own this dream machine! Hehehe....|
Have a nice day!