Life has so many great options...
But you don't have to always pick what seems to be the best...
Just pick whatever makes you really happy and it will be the best..
You (both hands on the waist.. ala ala Mak Tiri style) : Maaamaaaaa.. where areee you??
Me (panting) : I'm here!! I'm here!!!
You (eyes opened wide... macam nak terkeluar biji mata!) : Where have you been???
Me (eyes blinking... gedik style) : Just at home...
You (mouth opened wide... macam nak telan orang!) : Then why is your blog not updated?
Me (with a confident face... toya tapi ayu ayu gituuu) : Lazy...
You (both hands up in the air) : ..................
I love to eat currypuffs and actually I love to eat the currypuffs that I made myself.... hahaha... betul punya poyo ayat mama! The only problem is, just too lazy to do it. Hish...
Anyway, since I have some leftovers of currypuff filling laying lazy in the fridge, I decided to try this pastry from Ros's blog. And all the effort (hahaha... effort la konon kan, macamlah susah sangat nak buat! Ngeh ngeh ngeh) didn't go to waste. It turned out lovely. Thank you Ros for sharing the recipe with us....
CURRYPUFF PASTRY (ROS JINTANMANS)
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Ros of Jintanmanis
Currypuff beef filling
2 tablespoon margarine (I used Planta)
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup chilled water
salt to taste
1. Add salt to chilled water and set aside.
2. Place flour in a bowl. Rub in the margarine to resemble bread crumbs.
3. Heat oil and then pour into the flour. Using a spoon, stir the dough. It will be crumbly.
4. Add chilled water, a little at a time and knead till a soft and smooth dough is formed.
5. Wrap the container with the dough and keep in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours. This is to get a crispy pastry and also it will make the dough much easier to handle.
6. Take a bit of the dough, the size of a ping pong ball and roll flat.
7. Place some filling in the middle. Fold over and pleat the ends of the pastry to seal in the filling.
8. Fry till golden brown.
Have a nice day! I am off to read my storybook... yeeehaaaa......