Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Muffins and muffins

Very clever of me! Two days before leaving for my previous vacation, I had bought a tray of eggs. Not the small tray but the big tray with 30 eggs on it! To finish 30 eggs in 2 days...you've got to be kidding me! Then why buy? The answer is "absentminded"! Can't find any better reason to give. Hahaha...

Anyway, in order not to let the eggs stay freezing cold in the refrigerator, I've decided to bake things out of it and distribute them among my sister, friends and neighbours. And these were what I managed to bake, despite the very short time I had. Only managed to finish packing for our vacation, almost midnight and we were off to the airport the next day by 6.30am. Complaining? Oh no, not at all. When it comes to vacation, MamaFaMi never complaints! Hahahaha....

PANDAN MUFFINS << Please click on the title for the recipe


I didn't realise that I've baked this recipe before. Only when I checked in my blog and compare it with my printout, just before updating this entry, that I know, I've baked it before! Anyway, this time, it's a simpler version, without the toppings. Nevertheless, the taste still remains the same... yummy!

COFFEE BREAKFAST MUFFINS

I am not sure if omitting the raisins will give a big impact to the taste or what but if not, then some adjustments need to be done to this recipe. Since I was running out of time, I just followed the recipe. In future, whoever wishes or taking the challenge to try out this recipe, please adjust the recipe to your taste, especially the sugar part.... trust me, it needed more... ;). Anyway I will just post the recipe here and will keep the source anonymous.


Ingredients :

3 cups self raising flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins (I omitted)
2 tablespoons nescafe
2 eggs
80g butter, melted
1 1/4 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla essence

Method :

1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare the muffin cups and layer with the paper liner.
2. Combine flour, sugar and raisins in large bowl.
3. Whisk together Nescafe and remaining ingredients, pour onto flour mixture, stir until just combined
4. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin, almost to the tip and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
5. Cool slightly before removing from pans. Serve with cream cheese if desired.

The other cake that I had baked was a butter cake. That will be updated in my future entries ya. Till then, take care and have a nice day!


13 comments:

  1. You must have baked many, many muffins with 30 eggs. Pengsan! I like the pandan one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong... I didn't manage to finish all the 30 eggs. Some had to go into the refrigerator for a good 4 days. Scared if I leave them outside, they will hatch and my house will be full of anak ayam! Double triple pengsan!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Adda... yang pandan tu sedap tapi yang coffee tu, kena adjust sikit...

      Delete
  3. wah muffin n muffin gemuk nampak nya segala muffin tu bekenan sangat2 Mama fami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamualaikum Mama..ni klu buat minum petang sedapppp ni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Sue...

      Siapa yang suka manis, sedaplah. Tapi kalau nak ajak mama minum petang, mama nak kuih pedas... hehehe... demanding lagi, tu sebab tak de siapa hengen nak ajak... muahahaha

      Delete
  5. Cm pun suka yang pandan..minta 3 ketul Mama untuk minum petang hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CM... kalau ada ler lagi, semua ketul yang ada mama bagi kat CM tau. Mama ni suka buat benda manis je...makannya koreng.

      Delete
  6. Mf...sedapnya dapat makan muffin cicah dengan kopi..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Assalamualaikum..Mamafami..your muffin looks delicious!I like the pandan one too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh! both muffins makes me salivating!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!