Two days ago, when I checked my email, I was confused when I read the comment by Amelia. She had mentioned Butter Cake. What butter cake???
So I went to my website and wallahhhh... there IS a RICH BUTTER CAKE entry! OMG OMG OMG...
I had put that entry in the queue to be posted but totally forgotten about it. Thank goodness, that entry was a complete entry, and presentable to be posted. At times I have the habit to just type the recipe in advance and left it in the draft box to be edited later. I guess I should stop doing that huh? Lesson learnt!
Thank you Mat for sharing this simple recipe with us...
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Che Mat Gebu
50g rice flour
85g brown sugar
6g instant dried yeast + 1/4 cup water (stir to dilute the yeast)
1 cup water
Freshly grated coconut (just the white part) + a bit of salt (mix well)
1. Combine flour, rice flour and brown sugar. Mix well.
2. Add in the diluted yeast and stir.
3. Add water a little at a time and stir till smooth.
4. Grease an 8 inch tray with a bit of cooking oil. Pour the mixture into the tray and leave to prove for about an hour or till the mixture had rised well.
5. Prepare the steamer and steam the apam for 40 to 45 minutes. Cover your steamer lid with a clean towel.
6. Remove from the steamer and leave to cool before cutting.
7. Serve with the freshly grated coconut.
Have a nice day!