What I did the past few days.....
Friday : Went dating with my little handsome boyfriend named Syahmi. We watched Harry Potter.
Saturday : Went back to Malacca for a day trip, just to visit hubby's cousin who just had an operation. On the way to Malacca, Syahmi fell ill. Took him to the family doctor and was diagnosed with virus infection.
Sunday : Went to hubby's relative's daughter's wedding at Denai Alam. Went to visit my princess at her hostel.
Monday :....about to find out.... hahaha.....
Recipe to share will be this Cake Layer Danish which happens to be my mother's favourite. Unfortunately, when I tried out this recipe, she was not around. She went back to Malacca with Mak Chu and Pak Chu. No worries mom, will bake this again when you're around.
CAKE LAYER DANISH
Source : DIY Home Bread by Chef Khoo See Yew
Ingredients for CAKE :
2 nos eggs
50g castor sugar
55g multi purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon pandan essence
30g melted butter
1. Whisk A till fluffy. Add in B. Continue whisking till light and fluffy.
2. Add in water and melted butter.
3. Pour onto (11" x 11") greased baking tray (or lined with greaseproof paper).
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 15 minutes.
Ingredients for PASTRY
*175g high protein flour
*75g medium protein flour
7.5g milk powder
1/4 teaspoon bread improver
1/4 teaspoon salt
100g cold water
7.5g instant yeast
125g pastry margarine/croissant butter (divide into 3 portions)
(* Note : I just used multi purpose flour)
Method (using bread maker):
1. Pour the cold water into the Bread Maker pan.
2. Add the flour, milk powder, bread improver, sugar, salt, egg and instant yeast.
3. Set the setting to BASIC DOUGH and let the BM does it's job. After 5 minutes or after the ingredients are well incorporated, add in butter and continue kneading until a soft and smooth dough is formed. Leave for at least 30 minutes.
4. Roll the dough flat, about 1 cm into rectangle shape. Spread 1 portion of pastry margarine onto 2/3 of the pastry, leaving a border.
5. Fold the bottom third of the pastry over the middle third and the top third over that.
6. Chill the pastry for 30 minutes and repeat steps 4 and 5 twice.
(Note : InsyaAllah if I ever bake this recipe again, I will try to snap the step by step photos. Meanwhile, just to get a clearer view of the steps, please visit my Croissants entry )
Red bean paste
Method : CAKE BREAD
1. Cut cake into 4 pieces. Each (5"x5"). Spread a layer of red bean paste on top. Arrange alternately.
2. Roll the dough into (35 x 20)cm, brush with butter, wrap in cake layers. Slash pattern.
3. Leave to prove double in size. Brush egg wash. Sprinkle almond nibes.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25 to 30 minutes or till golden brown.
Have a nice day,