What I did today.....at least till 4.30pm...
1. InsyaAllah, fasting
2. Washed the car...thanks for the color, even a splash of dirt can be seen CLEARLY! Huhuhu...
3. Did a bit of gardening.... about time! The garden, if I may call it that way, is such a sore eyes! Pulled out the dried plants (the plants must be very thankful to me for ending their misery! Hahaha....)
4. Cooked lunch for Syahmi.
5. Tried two new recipes...won't be posting it today though....
Recipe to share is something that was passed to me by Mak Lang via email. I gave it a go and it was the right decision. The cookies turned out lovely even without the coating. And being MamaFaMi who is sometimes lazy but other times the opposite, I made this cookies into 3 different versions :
~ The first version is the original version required by the recipe i.e coat the cookies with melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed ground nuts
~ Second version, the lazier style, just drizzle the cookies with melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed ground nuts
~ Third version, the laziest among all, just leave the cookies
For the cookie :
2 cups sugar
1½ cups margarine
2 egg yolks
3 cups Maziena/corn flour ~ sifted
2½ cups flour ~ sifted
1. Cream margarine and sugar.
2. Add in egg yolks and continue beating.
3. Add in vanilla essence.
4. Add in the sifted flours, little at a time till a soft dough is formed.
5. Take a bit of dough and make into a marble size. Arrange on the prepared baking tray.
6. Bake till golden brown.
7. Leave to cool completely before coating.
Note : The cookies will expand when baked.
Coating : (I didn't do this. Instead, I just melt the cooking chocolate and dip the cookies in then sprinkle with some crushed ground nuts)
2 packets icing sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
Enough hot water
1.5kg ground nuts (to be fried without oil then crushed)