AFRICAN MARBLE CAKE
Source : Roshayati Johari @ RNet
250 g self raising flour
200 g caster sugar
300 g eggs - weigh without shells
1 tablespoon ovallate (cake emulsifier)
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons condensed milk
50 g water
175 g butter - melted
1. Beat all the ingredients EXCEPT melted butter and emulco. Beat on high speed till white, light and double the volume. Off the mixer.
2. Pour in the melted butter and fold using a rubber spatula till well mixed.
3. Divide into 2 portions. Add coffee emulco and brown food coloring into one portion. Mix well. Leave the other portion as it is.
4. Line a 20cm x 20cm baking pan with greasproof paper. Spoon 2 spoonfuls of plain batter onto the middle of the baking pan. Top it with 2 spoonfuls of brown batter. Repeat the process till all batter are used up. Make sure the batter is just half full as it will rise quite a bit.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 45 minutes or till a skewer inserted into the center of the cake, comes out clean. Bake in middle rack.
6. Once baked, leave it for 5 minutes before removing the cake out of the baking pan onto the cooling rack.