ORANGE MARBLED BUTTER CAKE
Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : Azie Kitchen
250g self-raising flour
180g castor sugar
4 dos eggs
1/2 cup fresh milk
½ tablespoon orange rind
1½ tablespoon Sunquick
Orange food colouring
1. Line a 9 inch baking tin with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Lower the mixer speed and add egg one at a time, alternately with flour.
4. Add in orange rind, sunquick and milk. Cut and fold till well mixed.
5. Divide the batter into two portions. Add food colouring in one portion and leave the other one as it is.
6. Spoon 2 tablespoons of plain mixture onto the centre of the tin. Top it with 2 tablespoons of orange batter. Repeat till all the batter is used up.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 40 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake stay for about 5 minutes in the tin before removing it onto a wire rack to cool.
Have a nice day!