Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Sue's Mom-In-Law
1/2 cup soft brown sugar (gula merah)
1/2 cup granulated sugar (gula pasir)
2 cups water
3 pieces screwpine leaves
1 1/2 cups rice flour
1 tablespoon tapioca flour
1 teaspoon limewater (air kapur)
Freshly grated coconut (just the white part)
a pinch of salt
1 piece screwpine leaf
Mix all the ingredients together and steam for 5 minutes. Remove the screwpine leaf and ready to use.
1. In a pot, add soft brown sugar, granulated sugar, screwpine leaves and 1 cup of water. Bring to boil until sugar has dissolved complete. Put through a strainer and leave to cool.
2. Into a bowl, sift together rice flour and tapioca flour. Add limewater and 1 cup of water into the dry ingredients. Stir.
3. Pour in the cooled syrup and stir to mix well.
4. Prepare the steamer. Arrange the small cups in the steamer and steam for about 5 minutes.
5. Fill the cups with the prepared batter. Place them back on the steamer and steam for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
7. Remove the kuih using a spoon and top it with the grated coconut. Enjoy!
Have a nice day!