Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Vegetarian Fried Rice

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

I was pretty occupied for the last one week, especially when Syahmi was home. He came back with a friend, Ryan. They had to sit for their exam in Sepang. When Syahmi told me that Ryan will be staying with us for one day, my mind started working straight away. Why? Because Ryan is a vegetarian. And I am not an expert vegetarian cook, or rather, I am not an expert cook to be honest. I kept whatsapp-ing Syahmi, does Ryan eat this, can Ryan eat that. I guess the boys must be annoyed with me. Haha, sorry boys. I just had to give my mind some peace! Hihihi.... Finally Syahmi told me, Ryan said, any vegetable will do.

To google vegetarian recipes, I am pretty sure I will end up with loads and tons of recipes which will make me loose my mind halfway through. So I told myself, cook just anything, without any meat in it. And to play safe, I went to the supermarket and get me a bottle of vegetarian oyster sauce. Yeah, that's the trick actually. That sauce makes the dish tasty, at least to my taste.

The first menu I served the boys was this vegetable fried rice. And Ryan gave me 4 out 5 rating. I questioned him, why didn't I get a full mark? Hahaha.... boleh pulak tak puas hati dengan rating orang... ngeh ngeh ngeh... And Ryan said, can't give full marks, so that there will be room for improvements! Hmmm...logic answer... ok, I will accept that.

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E



VEGETARIAN FRIED RICE
Posted by MamaFaMi

Ingredients :

2 eggs
white pepper
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1 small holland onion - sliced thinly
1 tablespoon chillie paste
1/4 bowl diced carrots
1/4 red capsicum - diced
1/4 green capsicum - diced
1/4 yellow capsicum - diced
5 fresh shitake mushrooms - sliced
2 tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce
salt to taste
2 bowls leftovers rice
cooking oil

scallions - chopped
crispy fried onion


Method :

1. Prepare scrambled eggs (eggs + white pepper + a bit of salt). Set aside.
2. Heat a bit of corn oil in a large skillet. Add in the garlic and fry till brown and fragrant.
3. Add in the sliced onion and fry till soft. Then add in the chillie paste. Fry till fragrant.
4. Add in the carrots. Add oyster sauce and the mushrooms.
5. Stir in the three colored capsicums and salt to taste.
6. Add rice and eggs. Stir to mix.
7. Remove from heat and garnish with some scallions and crispy fried onion.



Have a nice day!


9 comments:

  1. Mama, your vegetarian fried rice looks delicious! Vegetarian food is quite tasty but my problem is, I will feel hungry after two hours. Macam tak boleh kenyang, So I gave up becoming a vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phong Hong. Main campak campak saja, as long as colorful, works for me! Haha... Aikkk... why no meat can make you hungry cepat eh? Psycho you aje kot. :D

      Delete
  2. Assalamualaikum mama, wah sanagt menyelerakan nasi goreng tu, lapar dah rase petang petang cam ni :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam mummyseri. Nowadays kat tempat mama ni, petang-petang hujan. Bertambahlah lapar lagi gamaknya ye... hehehe

      Delete
  3. untung ryan special dish untuk dia...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenalah hormat tetamu kan. Kami pun turut jadi vegetarian hari tu. Hihihi... Good for a change once in a while kan...

      Delete
  4. Hi Mama, what a delectable and healthy vegetarian fried rice. Easy, quick and simple! Great to have it when rasa malas malas nak masak, and this is the one, betul tak? Have a nice day and regards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ivy...
      Yup, cooking this vegetarian meals are quite easy actually and doesn't take long to cook. Cuma preparations can take sometime la. Nak potong itu potong ini. Masak pulak... dush dush dush.... siap! Hehehe...

      Delete
  5. wow sederhana tetapi istimewa
    aku sangat suka sekali dengan info ini terimakasih... tau ga kawan Khasiat Jelly Gamat Gold G untuk Obat Rematik, Obat Asam Urat,Obat Gagal Ginjal Solusi pengobatan herbal terbaik.

    Info Cara Mendapatkan obat jelly Gamat Gold G silahkan klik ->> Cara Pemesanan Jelly Gamat Gold G

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!