Just a short update today as I am not feeling too good today. Had headache since yesterday night. But alhamdulillah when I checked my blood pressure today, it is just slightly higher than my normal reading, nothing to worry... (ha ah..nak sedapkan hati sendiri! Hihihi...). Maybe I just need a bit of rest after a hectic one week I had been through. Busy but no complaints. I enjoyed it. :)
Yesterday, my darling little sister came to fetch my mom. So I cooked and baked for her somethings to take home. Didn't bake for her any cakes as she is now good in baking. Thanks to Laura Vitale. And oh, because of Mak Chu too, I was hooked to this Laura. But I am not obsessed to Laura as Mak Chu is *OMG* *OMG* Chill dear sister, you can't have EVERYTHING that Laura has okay. Just make do with whatever you can grab hold of. Chill bebeh!
One of the things that I made for her to bring home are these lovely sweet buns. Made this using the leftover sweet bun premix from Golden Republic Malaysia Sdn Bhd. This time round, I just made it plain and finish it off with some coarse sugar sprinkled on top.
SWEET BUN (ConviBake Premix)
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Golden Republic Malaysia Sdn Bhd
500g ConviBake Sweet a Bun
11g instant dried yeast (I used Saf Instant)
210g chilled water
1 tablespoon margarine (I added)
1 teaspoon milk powder
a bit of water
1. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix the flour and yeast.
2. Turn the mixer on, low speed. Pour in the water a little at the time till the mixture is incorporated. Add in margarine.
3. Turn the speed up to medium and keep kneading till a soft and shiny dough is formed. Roughly about 10 minutes or so.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl and onto your working sheet. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Divide the dough to about 36g each. Should get about 20 buns.
6. Make the dough into round balls and arrange in a well greased baking pan (8" x 11").
7. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and let it rise till double the size.
8. Brush the top of the buns with mixture of milk powder and water. Sprinkle with some coarse sugar.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 15 minutes or till done.
10. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Remove onto wire rack to cool. Enjoy. If there are any leftovers, keep in an airtight container.
Have a nice day!