Search This Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Sweet Buns ConviBake

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Just a short update today as I am not feeling too good today. Had headache since yesterday night. But alhamdulillah when I checked my blood pressure today, it is just slightly higher than my normal reading, nothing to worry... (ha ah..nak sedapkan hati sendiri! Hihihi...). Maybe I just need a bit of rest after a hectic one week I had been through. Busy but no complaints. I enjoyed it. :)

Yesterday, my darling little sister came to fetch my mom. So I cooked and baked for her somethings to take home. Didn't bake for her any cakes as she is now good in baking. Thanks to Laura Vitale. And oh, because of Mak Chu too, I was hooked to this Laura. But I am not obsessed to Laura as Mak Chu is *OMG* *OMG* Chill dear sister, you can't have EVERYTHING that Laura has okay. Just make do with whatever you can grab hold of. Chill bebeh!

One of the things that I made for her to bring home are these lovely sweet buns. Made this using the leftover sweet bun premix from Golden Republic Malaysia Sdn Bhd. This time round, I just made it plain and finish it off with some coarse sugar sprinkled on top.


T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E


SWEET BUN (ConviBake Premix)
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Golden Republic Malaysia Sdn Bhd


Ingredients :

500g ConviBake Sweet a Bun
11g instant dried yeast (I used Saf Instant)
210g chilled water
1 tablespoon margarine (I added)

1 teaspoon milk powder
a bit of water
coarse sugar


Method :

1. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix the flour and yeast.
2. Turn the mixer on, low speed. Pour in the water a little at the time till the mixture is incorporated. Add in margarine.
3. Turn the speed up to medium and keep kneading till a soft and shiny dough is formed. Roughly about 10 minutes or so.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl and onto your working sheet. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Divide the dough to about 36g each. Should get about 20 buns.
6. Make the dough into round balls and arrange in a well greased baking pan (8" x 11").
7. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and let it rise till double the size.
8. Brush the top of the buns with mixture of milk powder and water. Sprinkle with some coarse sugar.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 15 minutes or till done.
10. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Remove onto wire rack to cool. Enjoy. If there are any leftovers, keep in an airtight container.



Have a nice day!


13 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum..rajinnya mamafami meroti...dapt dicicah dgn kopi o pns pasti terangkat ni..kena plak cuaca ujan2 cenggini...=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Umie Jazz. Mama memang suka buat roti, tapi tu la, kalau nak makan sensorang, jenuh nak mengabiskan. Kena tunggu ada mangsa nak ku hulurkan, barulah boleh buat lagi :D

      Delete
  2. Mama..... saya pun dah addicted to bake a bun. Gatal je tangan nak meroti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihihi... jom kita sama-sama lepas gian meroti!

      Delete
  3. wah mama dah kerap meroti ya, macam2 bun dah mama show ni tak boleh jadi ni nak kena kejar mama lah maroti jugak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ah Kak Noor. Kita suka tengok bila roti tu naik tembam. Hihihi....

      Delete
  4. Hi Sweetie, wow... nice looking bread. So soft and fluffy, great to go with kopi-o. :))
    Take care, don't over work.Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia darling....

      Thank you dear. Fluffy buns makes my body fluffy too! Hahahaha....

      Delete
  5. Adik beradik berbakat....and roti tu nampak sangat gebu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aamiin aamiin aamiin.... mesti kembang kuncup mak chu baca komen Mrs Smile! Hehehehe

      Delete
  6. Mama, those sweet buns are calling out my name! Cantik lah. So, your sister is into baking too and I guess you girls exchange bakes every now and then huh? I must really get down to baking buns. Asyik cakap aje nak buat, tapi gitu jugak...nothing happening hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!