WE FINALLY MADE IT
Silver In The Hair
Gold In The Teeth
Crystals In The Kidneys
Sugar In The Blood
Iron In The Arteries
An Inexhaustible Supply Of Natural Gas.
I Never Thought we would accumulate Such Wealth! :P
Life is short.
Live it to the fullest.
It has an expiration date.
When I saw these Teddy Bear Cookies, I fell in love at how cute those teddies look. Whats more, the photos displayed in Masam Manis Blog by the talented Puan Azlita are just awesome. I was confident I have the cutters, so why not have something cute to serve on the table.
Last weekend, dear Mr Hubby was kind enough to drive me to one of the bakery supplies shop to get the stuffs I needed. When THE day came, I confidently prepared the dough. Ok... no problem there..... And when it's ready, I went to my 'treasure chest' and start digging for the teddy bear cutter. I think I've 'ransacked' my cupboard no less than twice but the cutter are no where to be found. Dang! I DON'T HAVE A TEDDY BEAR CUTTER! Accept it mama! Huhuhuhu....
Dough is ready, no teddy bear cutter. Life goes on. Yeah so... I will just use whatever cutters I please right? The police won't arrest me for that, I am sure. So yeah, I ended up with these square cookies. And since I've bought the heart shape sugar deco, why not use it as well. Nothing goes to waste then. ;)
Dear Puan Azlita,
I am so sorry I just have to change the name of your lovely Teddy Bear cookies. How can I call it Teddy Bear cookies when they are rectangles! Hahaha... Jangan mare ya! Thank you for the lovely recipe. They are easy to prepare and crunchy too. Thank you.
CHOCOLATE NESTUM COOKIES
Posted by MamaFaMi
Edited from : Biskut Teddy Bear at Masam Manis
300g butter (I used Buttercup)
20g vegetable shortening
180g icing sugar
30g cocoa powder
40g Nestum cereal
Heart shape sugar deco
1. In a big bowl, cream butter, vegetable shortening and icing sugar till soft.
2. Add cocoa powder, cornflour and nestum cereal.
3. Last but not least, add in flour a little at a time till a soft dough is formed. I used up all the flour.
4. Roll dough about 0.5cm thick. Cut using the cutter of your choice and arrange the cookies on a baking tray.
5. Brush the top of the cookies with a bit of egg white. Sprinkle some nestum cereal on top and place a heart shape sugar deco on top.
6. Bake in a pre-heated fan oven at 150 C for 25 to 30 minutes.
7. Once baked, let it cool and keep in an airtight container.
Have a nice day!