Something for us to ponder.....
APAM KAMPUNG PERISA PANDAN
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Puan Yatie
Ingredients A :
2 teaspoon instant dried yeast
1/4 cup lukewarm water
1 teaspoon castor sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup water
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon pandan essence
a few drops of green food coloring
1. Mix ingredients A in a small bowl. Leave to bubble for about 5 minutes. If it does not bubble, that means your yeast is not good.
2. Mix all ingredients B in a bigger bowl.
3. Pour the fermented ingredients A into B and stir to mix. Cover the bowl with cling film and keep aside for 1/2 hour.
4. Grease a 9" x 9" x 3" tray with a bit of oil. (I used the silicone moulds and no greasing is needed. Easy peasy because I am lazy!)
5. After 1/2 hour, remove the cling film and give the batter a good stir. Pour into the prepared tin.
6. Prepare the steamer and when it's ready, steam the kuih for 40 minutes. If using the moulds like mine, steam for just 20 minutes.
7. Once cooled, slice the apam and serve with some freshly grated coconut mixed with a bit of salt.
Make sure you do not over ferment the batter. It will turn sour and when you steam them, they will drop.
Have a nice day!