Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Yatie
Ingredients A :
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water (I used hot water)
Method (caramel) :
1.Place sugar in a heavy based pot. Place the pot on the stove on low fire. Stir gently til sugar changes colour to dark runny honey.
2. Remove from heat and slowly pour in the hot water. PLEASE BE EXTRA CAREFUL. Stir well and place the pot back on the stove.
3. When sugar dissolved, add margarine. Stir till all are combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
Ingredients B :
3/4 cup castor sugar
3 cups flour (sift together with bicarbonate of soda)
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1 can evaporated milk (400g)
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1. Prepare the steamer. Cover the lid with a clean cloth to avoid water from dripping onto the kuih.
2. Using a hand mixer, beat sugar, eggs and vanilla essence till light.
3. Pour in the warm caramel. Stir well.
3. Add flour alternately with milk. Stir to mix well.
5. Keep aside for 1/2 hour.
6. Grease the moulds with a bit of oil. Pour the mixture into the mould. You may pour till almost full. Arrange in the steamer.
7. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Remove from the mould and serve with some freshly grated coconut mixed with a bit of salt.
Have a nice day!