"No amount of guilt can change the past,
and no amount of worrying can change the future.
Go easy on yourself,
for the outcome fo all affairs
is determined by God's decree.
If something is meant to go elsewhere,
it will never come your way,
but if it is yours by destiny,
from it you cannot flee."
- Sayyidina Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA)
The 'journey' of my sponge cake does not end there. I've transformed it into another delicious cake, CHEESE CAKE MELELEH.
This cake was made famous quite some time ago, but I just didn't have the heart or shall I say, the courage to try it out, just because of my 'jinx' towards sponge cakes. But when I tasted this cake that I bought from MABIQ (lovely place to dine. Lovely food, lots of variety and very reasonable price too) in Kuantan when we had lunch there two weeks ago, I just fell in love with it. So I said to myself, I've just got to try this out and I did... I can now heave a sigh of relief for not having to crave for this cake anymore...hahaha...
CHEESE CAKE MELELEH
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source 1 : Sweet4ever
Source 2 : Rahel
1 cooled SPONGE CAKE
FOR THE CREAM
250g cream cheese (I used Tatura)
200g condensed milk (I used Saji)
100g Whip cream (I used Value Pride)
50g fresh milk
1. Beat the cream cheese till creamy, to avoid crumbly mixture.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and beat till smooth and slightly runny. Ready to use.
Note : The amount of the ingredients used may be adjusted to your liking. I made some changes to the original recipe.
FOR THE TOPPING/DECO :
125g cheddar cheese - shredded (I used Beqa)
To assemble :
1. Slice the cake to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut to the size of the container you intend to use.
2. Place one piece into the container.
3. Spread some cream to cover the cake.
4. Place another piece of cake on top and spread more cream on top.
5. Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese.
6. Ready to serve.
Have a nice day!