I have always had these 'jinx' when it comes to baking sponge cakes. I don't really know why, though I've followed exactly what the recipe said, but still, it will end up either being heavy or 'very not a sponge cake should look like'. And saddest part is, it will rise up nicely in the oven, and makes my heart fills with great joy and happiness but soon as it comes out of the oven.... pooofffff... it will be like a punctured tyre! Huwaaa...
But did I give up? No I didn't! Yes, I am a stubborn person. I will keep trying and pray for the best. There are a few times I managed to get it right. Alhamdulillah. And In Sha Allah I will never give up. For this recipe, I have to thank Sweet4ever and my dear sifoo Ummi Kuantan for suggesting this lovely recipe to me. May Allah bless you both.
Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : Sweet4ever of MyResipi
150g superfine flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
150g castor sugar
5 nos eggs (grade A)
1 tablespoon ovalette
80g fresh milk
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
80g melted butter
1. Sift superfine flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl.
2. Add castor sugar, eggs and ovalette. Beat on high speed for 5 minutes.
3. Reduce the speed, add fresh milk and vanilla paste. Continue beating on high for another 2 minutes or till mixture is really light and fluffy.
4. Pour the melted butter into the mixture and fold using a spatula.
5. Line the base of an 8" x 8" baking pan. Pour the mixture into the pan.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 40 to 45 minutes or till skewer inserted in center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Turn cake over in pan on a wire rack and let cake hang until cool.
Have a nice day!