BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES
Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : My neighbour Saerah
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch salt
3 grade B eggs
1/2 cup butter - melted and cooled
3 very ripe mashed bananas - mashed
3/4 teaspoon banana essence
1. Preheat oven to 170 C. Line 15 muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
2. Combine the castor sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Whisk to mix.
3. In a separate bowl combine the eggs, melted butter (you can microwave it), banana mash and banana essence. Whisk to mix.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredents and stir ONLY until you can no longer see the dry ingredients.
5. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Drop batter into the 15 cups, filling each almost full.
7. Bake cupcakes for 25 minutes or till an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Remove cupcakes from tins and let cool.
Have a nice day!