I still have a few trays of durian which Fadzlina brought when we played masak-masak together last Tuesday. One tray of durian was transformed into Bubur Kacang Durian. Sorry, no photos of the porridge that I made that day. Will have to make do with the ones that I made before.
And yesterday, I transformed another tray into something delicious and happened to be hubby's and yours trully's favourite too. Came across this recipe at Cik Manggis's blog. It seems that so many had tried this recipe including Rima, MaDiHaA, and Izah. A heartful thanks to Kak Rossya who shared the recipe in the first place. I wonder where is Kak Rossya now... I've tried texting her on her birthday, early December but I didn't receive any replies... she must have forgotten me... sob sob... Anyway I hope all are well with you dear sis......
And to Saerah, my dear neighbour.... here's the recipe. Cuba jangan tak cuba tau.....
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Sis Rossya
250g glutinous rice - washed and soak for 1 hour
170ml thin coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 screwpine leaves
1. Combine all the ingredients and pour into a tray. Steam till cooked. Meanwhile, prepare the topping.
2. When the rice is ready, remove the screwpine leaves and scoop out the rice into a bowl. Wash the tray and place a piece of plastic at the base of the tin. Pour in the cooked rice and press press firmly onto the base. Set aside.
150g durian flesh
375g thick coconut milk (I used a box of 200ml coconut milk and add 175g water to it)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Few drops of yellow food coloring
1. Combine durian flesh, eggs, coconut milk, flour, cornflour, sugar, salt and food coloring in a blender. Blend for about a minute or so till smooth.
2. Strain mixture to remove any lumps.
3. Cook on low fire till mixture started to bubble. Do not leave the pot unattended. Stir always.
4. Pour the mixture onto the prepared rice.
5. Steam till cooked. Then open the lid of the steamer and let it simmer for another 20 minutes.
6. Remove from steamer and let it cool completely before cutting.
Have a nice and safe weekend ahead...