Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate & Caramel Chips Cookies

TODAY IS 20.12.2012 and it will be even more beautiful when the clock strikes 8.12 pm tonight, which will add another lovely number..... 
Date 20.12.2012 Time 20.12 !!

*************************

There are advantages and disadvantages if you have the capability of baking things. I am talking mainly about me and I don't know about you people out there ya. I tend to be stingy! But stingy when it comes to buying things for me and not for others.

For example, everytime we dine or buy takeaways from Subway, my girl will want a piece or two of the cookies. And each piece costs RM1.50. Everytime I had to pay for the cookies, I would say to myself, I can do this... it's easy. And I will go home and start searching for the recipe. Found some recipes with good feedbacks, printed it out and then forgotten all about it, until the next visit to Subway with my daughter!

Finally today, I managed to try out one of the recipes I printed quite a while ago. As usual, if the recipe is from abroad, I will do some adjustments especially on the sugar amout. This particular recipe is very easy to prepare and surprisingly, my son loves it too. Then I am pretty sure, my girl will love it more. Kakak, In Sha ALLAH this Friday you'll get your share okay... *wink*. Thank you to Elizabethbh who posted this recipe at Allrecipes dot com.


BEST BIG, FAT, CHEWY CHOCOLATE & CARAMEL CHIPS COOKIE
Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : Elizabethbh Allrecipes dot Com


Ingredients :

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup margarine - melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar (remove 2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup caramel chocolate chips (*I added)


Method :

1. Preheat the oven to 150 C, using fan. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
4. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.
5. Drop 1 tablespoon cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.



Have a nice day!


27 comments:

  1. Lol, it's good to be stingy at times!

    Good morning dear...joining you for these fab cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Love...

      Stingy is good but too stingy is bad... hahaha... But I am only stingy to myself, but not others... so it is still considered 'healthy'. Hahahaha....

      Delete
  2. i'm also like this subway cookies a lot..
    after looking at ur..blog..
    & how simple it is..to D.I.Y...
    (perasan sekejap i mama..)
    nak buat juga lh..thanks 4 sharing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anya Sewn...

      Senang saja nak buat cookies ni. Bancuh bancuh pas tu sudukan atas loyang.. pas tu bakar. Tapi ada review kata, suruh simpan dalam fridge dulu. Mama tak simpan dalam fridge pun, terus sudukan dan bakar...

      Delete
  3. I also like you MamaFami. I'm stingy, but I'm not soo good in baking hahahaaa... Just thought that if I bake it more better than buy and it's more cheaper & come with big volume. Also sometimes do searching the recipies but end up by nothing. Terukkan, heheheee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihihi... Eey, if you are stingy then you have to be good in baking. Then only we can save our money! ;)

      Delete
  4. Lalalala, I now found this simple subways cookies recepi...marvelous! will try it one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do give it a try Emma... who knows you might like it too. But do play around with the amount of sugar as it is a bit too sweet for me. Infact, I've adjusted amount of sugar in the original recipe and still I think I need to adjust more for my OWN consumption. But for the kids, I think they will like this as it tastes more like Subway's.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hello dear DG...

      It is not crunchy the way I like it but it is chewy the way the kids love it... huhuhu...

      Delete
  6. Salam mama, boleh ke kita substitute marjerin tu dgn butter instead? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Keratosis_a..

      Original recipe calls for butter sebenarnya. Mama yang substitute guna majerin sebab memang dari kecil dulu, mak buat cookies guna majerin Planta. So yes, you can use butter instead...

      Delete
  7. salam MamaFami...sedapnya sekut tu....chewy2 ni paling fiza suke sgt...he he he....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Fizah...

      Ooo bolehlah geng dengan anak dara mama yang suka chewy cookies. Mama suka yang crunchy.. :)

      Delete
  8. mama mama mama..fa nak seketoi boleh?seketoi je..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olololololo.... cian Faa dok ngecek sekut eh? Ce ngecek dengan my daughter. Satu balang cookies tu dia suruh reserve untuk dia... Yang satu container kecik tu, my son punya. Ce terai usha diorang kot diorang nak bagi... I no plus! Hahahaha...

      Delete
  9. Assalamualaikum Mama...lajunya posting, kecur kita...meh sini sebalang kukis tu.. *__* Muuaaahhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam warrahmatullahi wabarokaatuh Ummi. Mentara stok masih ada, lajulah postingnya. Bila urat rajin dah kuncup, senyaplah bersawang!

      Nak kukis eh? Ce ngecek dengan budak dua beradik ni. Kalau dapat, rezekilah... kalau tak dapat.. nasiblah kan...hihihi... I no plus!

      Delete
  10. Selamat hari raya, maaf zahir batin yea mama....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. aduh Mama, anak akak baru je buat cookies tu tapi bila tengok yg mama punya terliiur lah pulak macam nak buat lagi hahaha, kalau dpt rasa sekeping alangkah best nye kan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi.. memang rambang mata kan kalau asyik merayap sana sini tengok masakan orang. Tu yang kita selalu cari 'volunteers' nak tolong abeskan apa yang kita buat so that kita leh buat benda lain... hahaha... Alhamdulillah my ever so willing volunteers ramai... :D

      Delete
  12. salam mama,
    nampak sedapp..duduk depan tv sure habis sebalang..tanpa kesedaran giteww h ehhee:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Zila...

      Bagi yang suka, bolehlah habis sebalang. Tapi kalau mama, mama suka yang crunchy. Hehe.. lain orang lain seleranya kan.. :)

      Delete
  13. mama, mana nak cari caramel choc chip? saya pegi kedai bakery area ofis saya (BAGUS seksyen 13, shah alam) tak ada.. HUAAAAAAAA, mana nak beli?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama beli caramel chocolate chips ni dari Mamazieza. Ce tanya dia ce.... http://mamazieza.blogspot.com

      Delete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!