Do you believe in the saying... WE WILL ONLY APPRECIATE AND VALUE THINGS OR PERSON WHEN THEY ARE GONE?
I believed it with all my heart...
I had my one of my sister's cookbook quite 'ages' ago, laying still in the cupboard, untouched. When she said she was coming last Sunday I decided to return all her books back since her book racks in her house are fixed. When I ran through the cupboards in my house, I found stacks of recipe books, belonging to Mak Chu including the book I was talking about, not to mention the English and Malay novels. I just flipped through the recipe books and started to 'drool' on the photos. But then again, when will I find time to try everything! Anyway, since I can't resist on the photo of the peanut-btter cupcakes, and it was an easy one too, I just had to try it out... Mak Chu and Pak Chu liked the cupcakes... and yes, I've returned the book to Mak Chu.... huhuhu....
Moral of the story : Never borrow a recipe book... get one yourself! But in my case...never buy a recipe book because the cupboard is screaming for air!!! No more space to 'breathe'!!! Hahahaha.....
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : My sister's Cookbook
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (I used homemade peanut butter)
1/4 cup vegetable shortening (I used margarine)
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk (I used Dutch Lady Low Fat Milk)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 C. Line muffin cups with paper baking liners.
2. Into a medium bowl, sift all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt, trice. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, with a mixer at medium speed, beat peanut butter and shortening until blended. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Beat in vanilla.
6. Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
7. Spoon batter into the paper liners till almost full.
8. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
9. Decorate as desired. I piped some melted chocolate ganache and peanut-butter.
Have a nice day!