A few days ago, I came across one post on my daughter's Facebook wall. A friend of hers wrote, he dreamt that my daughter and I opened a cafe and there were a lot of tasty food!!
OMG... I have never met this friend of hers and I am not sure if he had tasted any of the food that I've prepared and still he dreamt that I own a cafe. So sweet of you Ainul Haqkim. You've made my day... Though I am quite sure your dream won't come true, but I will keep that as my dream too... who knows one day, everything might change.... *wink*
Last Sunday, I wanted to try a recipe from Makchu's book. I had all the ingredients, except one, and the main one it seems! I was just too lazy to go to the shop to get this one ingredient. Luckily my brain was working that day and I googled for the homemade peanut butter recipe.... And since I am still in the state of being lazy, I just grabbed whatever peanut available, so maybe, my peanut butter is not as healthy as it should be... hahaha.. nevertheless, I have peanut butter without having to go to the shop and get a bottle!!
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : KidsHealth
1½ cup unsalted roasted peanuts
1 tbsp. peanut oil
* you can add a bit of honey if you wish
For smooth peanut butter :
1. Mix the peanuts with the peanut oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
2. Process the mixture until it's very smooth.
3. Store your smooth peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
For chunky peanut butter :
1. Take about ¼ cup out of your 1½ cups of peanuts and set them aside.
2. Mix the rest of the peanuts with the oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
3. Process the mixture until it's very smooth, then stir in the peanuts that you had set aside.
4. Process a few seconds more to create the chunks in your chunky peanut butter.
5. Store your chunky peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
Serves : 12
Serving size : 2 tablespoons
Nutritional analysis (per serving) :
4.3 g protein
10.25 g fat
4 g carbohydrate
1.5 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
1 mg sodium
10 mg calcium
0.4 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Have a nice day!