Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Kuah Lodeh and Sambal Kacang aka Kuah Satay

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Yuu huu mama... where are you....
Haha... this time it is not others who summoned me but me myself! I guess most of you are bored to summon mamafami because she will pop up just for a short while and went missing for quite sometime. Well, that's me at the moment. I am struck by the 'lazy-to-be-infront-of-the-laptop' virus and also the 'lazy-to-be-in-the-kitchen' virus. I am working 'hard' to recover and I don't really know when I will be fully recovered... but yes... I am trying 'hard'... hahaha....

So what have you been doing nowadays mama?
Besides the housework and being my son's loyal driver... I am into books at the moment. One after another! Blame it on my dear sister and her friend Suryani for dumping me with loads of novels that I can't resist!!! And being me... when I read, I put my heart and soul into my reading. So don't be alarmed if whenever you see mamafami holding a book, she's crying or laughing or showing such anger... because that is how mamafami is.... hahaha.... And poor Mak Chu will always be the chosen victim for me to let out my anger or my happiness. Sharing is caring ya Mak Chu... muahhhh..... hahahhaa.... InsyaAllah if time permits, I will post all the books that I've read in my other blog.

Oki doki... see you when I see you.... take care!

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E


LODEH
Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : Iza


Ingredients :

(A)
6 shallots - sliced
4 cloves garlic - sliced
2 inch ginger - sliced thinly
3 inch galangal - bruised
1 inch fresh turmeric - minced
4 stalk lemongrass ~ bruised

(B)
Coconut milk
a bunch of dried shrimp - soaked and pounded
3 carrots - sliced jullianne
4 pieces tempe - cubed and fried
4 medium potatoes - cleaned and cut to good size chunks
French beans
Su'un - soaked
2 sticks dried yellow tofu skin (fuchuk) - soaked
4 fresh red chillie
Fresh prawns - cleaned, make prawn stock out of the head and the skin
salt to taste

Cooking oil

Method :

1. In a pot, heat enough cooking oil. Add in ingredients A. Saute till fragrant.
2. Pour in the coconut milk and prawn stock. Add in the dried prawns, carrots and potatoes. Leave to boil, stirring once in a while.
3. When boiling, add in the rest of the ingredients except salt. Continue stirring.
4. Add salt to taste.
5. Ready to serve with Nasi Impit.


KUAH KACANG / KUAH SATAY
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Kak Liza


Ingredients :

1/2 kg dry roasted peanuts - remove the skin and crush coarsely
1/2 cup tamarind juice
1/2 cup palm sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil
salt to taste

Spice paste :

5 tablespoon chilli paste
4 lemon grass
1 inch ginger
1/2 inch galangal
8 shallots
4 cloves garlic
2 candlenuts

Method :

1. Heat oil in a wok and add in the spice paste. Fry till fragrant.
2. Add in tamarind juice and crushed peanuts. Add water if it is too thick.
3. Add sugar and salt to taste. Let it simmer on slow fire till done.
4. Ready to serve.

Have a nice day!

15 comments:

  1. Its a good thing that I understand my sister very well bcoz she tend to wassap me n start blabbering n getting angry at somebody somebody. Sometimes I need a few minutes to register who the heck she's angry at. Aaaahahahahaha... Anyway, my life would definitely be bored without mamafami.... Hik hik hik.... Makchu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed with u makchu. very the emo u know. both sisters are the same when watching tv or reading.. hahaha.... cik oni aka suryani :)

      Delete
    2. Mak Chu ~ Can't agree more.. your life will surely be so boring without me around! Ahahaha...

      Cik Oni ~ Kami berperasaan... Cik Oni hada? Ahahaha..

      Delete
  2. sedap nya....mintak semangkuk MamaFaMi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dah berzaman habisnya Adda... bagi gambar semangkuk bolehlah... hehehe

      Delete
  3. Akak tak boleh tengok lodeh, teringat emak kat kl...huhu...mamafami penyebabnya, meh pos ke sabah...terlior ni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ala kak, bukan susah mana pun nak buat lodeh ni.. main campak-campak je. Ce buat ce...

      Delete
  4. waah..lama sungguh menyepi..hari2 masuk, hampa ja..good to know that all's well. mana gambar2 kueh raya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so bad you know sis. I know at least there will be someONE who will come and jengok my blog yang tak berupdate ni. That's why, at times, I paksa-paksa gak diri ni supaya rajin sikit. Hehehe... Kuih raya? Tinggal serdak je... hehe...

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Bukan nak masuk bakul angkat sendiri tau, tapi ma rasa lodeh ma memang mabeles... ahaks.. bukan apa, sebab memang favourite mama pun... *wink*

      Delete
  6. Hi Mama Fami, yuhhuuu... lama MIA?? How are you, my dear?
    This lodeh and kuah kacang is my feberet, yours look delicious. yum yum

    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia...
      Ha ah la... now I am like biskut Chipsmore... now you see me, long time you don't see me! Hahaha... I am fine thank you, the same goes to you too dear. I love lodeh and sad to say, I am the only one in the family who loves this dish. But since it is easy to prepare, so I don't really mind cooking it... for myself! Hahaha...

      Delete
  7. salam mama...abg fiza mmg penggemar kuah lodeh ni...nanti blh la try buat...fiza x berapa nak gemar sgt...walaupun x berapa nak makan fiza suka buat bila suami ngan anak2 suka makan...jadi cm puas sgt walaupun kita x berapa naka makan...he he he

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Fiza. Memang betul, kalau kita dah beriya memasak dan tak ada orang yang nak makan, tentu kita rasa frust kan? Mama sukakan lodeh ni sebab dia penuh dengan sayur. Dan kalau mama masak untuk diri sendiri... sayur lebih dari kuah... hahaha....

      Delete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!