Assalamualaikum to all. I guess it is still not too late for me to wish all my Muslim visitors a HAPPY EID-UL FITR. I hope all of you had a wonderful Eid.
I had been busy since before Eid. That explains the lack of updates in my blog. Before Eid, as usual, I was busy preparing cookies for orders and also for the family. This year, I didn't bake much, infact I just baked for close friends. Thanks to the haywire blood pressure reading recently. I had to be extra careful before my freedom to take orders is doomed forever. ;)
We went back to Melaka for Eid. I didn't snap many photos as before, so there's nothing much to share. But nevertheless we had a good time visiting family and friends.
This was one of the menu that I had cooked during Ramadhan. Thank you to Kak Liza for sharing the recipe with us.
SWEET SOUR FISH
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Kak Liza
1 fish of your choice (cleaned)
5 shallots - sliced thinly
3 garlic - sliced thinly
1 cm ginger - sliced thinly
For the sauce :
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
3 tablespoons chillie sauce
1/2 cup water
Garnish with :
2 fresh red chillie - sliced
1 fresh tomato - cut to wedges
1 stalk spring onion and
1 stalk Chinese coriander, cut into 3cm-4cm lengths
1. Coat fish with salt and turmeric. Deep fry in hot oil until crispy and golden brown. Put on a serving platter.
2. Heat oil. Fry onion, garlic and ginger in heated oil until fragrant.
3. Stir in sauce ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil.
4. Add salt and sugar to taste.
5. Add tomato.
6. Pour sauce over fish and garnish before serving.
Have a nice day!