This morning, I thought of going back to sleep after Fajr prayers but then Mr Hubby requested for fried rice. Since he is not well, still recovering from his viral flu, I don't have the heart to say no. Furthermore, he lost his appetite these couple of days and I am totally not happy with that. How can I not be, he just ate a few spoonfuls of my food! All the time and effort is like... wasted. Can't wait for him to be his old self again!
For lunch I just cooked porridge for him and for my son and me, just sardine and this Betik Masak Bening. Cooked this papaya dish two days in a row because I just love it. Thank you Mat for sharing this easy yet delicious dish.
BETIK (papaya) MASAK BENING
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Che Mat Gebu
1/2 unripe medium sized papaya
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon dried anchovies
1/2 anchovy cube (I used Maggi brand)
1 piece turmeric leaf
salt to taste
sugar to taste (I omit this)
enough black pepper
1. Clean the papaya, quartered and slice to 1/4 inch thick. Set aside.
2. In a pot, add in sliced onion, bruised garlic, dried anchovies, anchovy cube, turmeric leaf and enough water. Bring to boil.
3. Add in papaya, salt, sugar and black pepper to taste.
4. Remove from heat, once the papaya is tender. Enjoy!
* Latest novel that I had just finished reading is KU PUJUK HATI
Have a nice day!