It's FRIDAY already?
Yup, time flies!
What have I achieved this week?
Nothing much... I repeat...NOTHING much!
What a waste!
Who to blame?
Non other than ME, MYSELF AND I!!!!
Mama... you've got to snap out of your comfort zone! Get moving mama... go go go....
Thanks Mat for always inspiring me with your lovely work, be it the recipes or the photos. Selalu buat I teruja tawww.... Made this mushroom soup to go with garlic bread for my guests. Well enjoyed!
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Cik Mat Gebu
120 g oyster mushroom
100 ml evaporated milk (I used IDEAL)
1 chicken cube (I used MAGGI brand) or you can use 350 ml chicken stock
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon butter (I used SCS butter)
1 onion - diced
1 clove garlic - chopped
1 piece bay leaf
salt to taste
enough black pepper
Spring onion - for garnishing
1. Clean the mushrooms, squeeze out the excess water and shred thinly.
2. Heat olive oil in a pot and add in butter. Add in diced onion and chopped garlic and stir till soft.
3. Add in the mushrooms. Keep aside a small amount of mushroom. Stir till the mushrooms turn soft.
4. Add flour and mix well. Pour in the evaporated milk and add in chicken cube together with 200ml water. Let it simmer for a while. Keep stirring to avoid the soup from being burnt.
5. Once the mushrooms are soft, remove from heat and let it cool. Puree the soup.
6. Place the pot of soup back on the stove. Add the balance stock, black pepper, bay leaf and the balance mushrooms. Salt if necessary. Adjust the thickness of the soup to your liking by adding more stock is needed. Let it simmer for a while.
7. Sprinkle with some spring onion and serve with garlic bread.
Have a nice day!