Confirmed, I am someone who will push myself to the max. No doubt! Is that a good thing to do? Well, frankly speaking, I think not! But I still do it...why? I don't really understand myself!
Yesterday I was out of the house almost the whole day... galavanting with dear hubby. Didn't cook for iftar but bought from the nearby pasar Ramadhan. After saying our Maghrib prayers, Syahmi had a quick bite of the Roti John and off we went to send him to his tuition centre. Came back, had our dinner and soon after that, out again doing these and that till it's time to fetch Syahmi at 10.30 pm. Was home by 11pm and had to prepare the ingredients for fried rice tomorrow dawn. Then went upstairs and settled the clothes to be arranged in the cupboard. After that, I ironed a few slacks for hubby and Syahmi's uniforms. By the time I was done with that, it was 12 midnight. Took a quick shower and then only I managed to perform my Tarawikh. After that... MamaFaMi is history!
Thank God I managed to wake up this morning to fry rice for sehri...Alhamdulillah....
I had been wanting to try out this recipe eversince I saw it at Puan CT Delima's kitchen. But I guess, my laziness gets the best of me! Haha... It was only till last week that I managed to fight the laziness (that explaines the punctured blue power ranger photo in earlier entry... hahaha.. just kidding!) and made these donuts. Thank you CT for sharing this recipe with us.
DONUT WITH CUSTARD FILLING
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Dari dapur CT
280 ml water
60g castor sugar
a pinch of salt
2 egg yolks
300g high protein flour
200g plain flour
20g milk powder
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
3 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
Custard Filling :
1 tablespoon custard powder
1 tablespoon sugar
2/3 cup fresh milk
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Enough snow powder
1. For the dough, I used my breadmaker to do the kneading and the proving. Pour water into the breadmaker pan, followed by sugar, salt and egg yolks.
2. Top it with the dried ingredients except shortening.
3. On the breadmaker and when the dough is just combined, add in the shortening and leave the breadmaker to finish it's job including proving.
4. Once the dough is double the size, remove from the pan and onto a floured surface. Roll to about 1/2 cm thick and cut using your prefered cutter. Arrange on a tray layered with a clean plastic sheet. Leave to rise for about 1/2 hour.
5. Fry the donut on medium heat till golden brown. Remove the donuts onto a kitchen towel to absorb access oil.
6. Make a small slit besides the donut and pipe the custard. Coat the donuts with snow powder.
To prepare the custard filling :
Put all the ingredients except for butter and vanilla essence in a pot and stir with a whisk over slow fire. Stir till the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Stir well and leave to cool. Ready to use.
Have a nice day!