There are times when memories just kept flooding back in this tiny brain of mine. Sometimes it brings back sweet memories and left me feeling lost at the end...
A few days ago, when I was cutting the dried chillies, the image of my dad came to mind. My dad used to help mom in the kitchen and one of his 'duty' is to help cut the dried chillies. He'll cut the whole lot that mom bought. Mom will only use the amount she needed and will keep the rest to use in future. And another 'duty' of his is to clean the dried anchovies (ikan bilis) which I will gladly joined him. And we'll chat and chat and before we realised it, the fishes were done in no time.... oh those good old days.....how I miss him... so much......
Yesterday evening, despite feeling exhausted, I've tried two recipes from Kak Liza's Kek dan Biskut's book. Let me just share one of it here with you. I am sure Kak Liza won't mind, kan kak kan kan kan.....
By the way, when I was doing this cookies, I remembered Mat Gebu and his Rose Tart story. Now that I've met you in person, I can imagine how 'cute' you looked rolling on your kitchen floor... hahaha.. jangan mare Mat.. makin cute jadinya nanti.. hehehe. But don't worry, this cookies are not so tedious to make compared to the lovely Rose Tart okay.
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Kak Liza's
150g castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
50g cornflour - sifted
50g custard powder - sifted
350g flour - sifted
100g pitted prunes - sliced
1. Cream butter, margarine and sugar.
2. Add in egg and continue beating. Add vanilla essence.
3. Add in the dry ingredients till soft dough is formed.
4. Roll 1/4 of the dough to about 1/2 cm thick.
5. Cut using a small scone cutter. Brush with some egg yolk mixed with a bit of yellow coloring.
6. Place a piece of sliced prune. Wrap just the bottom part of the prune.
7. Arrange on a baking tray.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 170 C.
9. Remove from oven, let cool and keep in an airtight container.
CONGRATULATIONS to my dear Kak Misliha of Mis's Creative Cakes for winning the first place in the Cabaran Daisy for Southern Zone. I am not surprised at all, knowing that she's such a talented lady and all her creations are just so breathtakingly beautiful. All the best Kak Mis in the finals.