|Sis, halal ye, gambar cilok dari blog sis.. comey ar...|
Dear Makcik Kantin,
Regret to inform you that I had failed to locate the 'homework' aka tag that you had given to me a decade ago. It is difficult for me to admit this, but after searching for the tag, the whole of yesterday's night, I, with a very heavy heart, will have to say....
Please accept my sincere apology. Thank you.
Yes, I know... it's sweet potato tsunami at MamaFaMi's kitchen! Hahaha... It so happens that I bought some lovely sweet potatoes from the supermarket. Instead of just frying it the usual way, I've 'transformed' the sweet potatoes into something else. Just to create more varieties in my recipe collection. *wink* Came across this nice and soft bun from Amelia's De-ssert's Page. Since her plaitted rolls looked so lovely, I can't help myself but try out the recipe. But mine turned out to be ugly. Nevertheless the taste is lovely and that's what counts! Hahaha..... cover line beb...
Thank you Amelia for sharing this recipe with us and allow me to copy and paste it here for the reading pleasure of my blog's readers. Thank you.
SWEET POTATO BREAD
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Amelia's De-ssert
260 mls sweet potatoes water
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
60 gm butter
1 egg - lightly beaten ( Reserve some for egg wash )
120gm mashed sweet potatoes
600gm bread flour ( Sieve )
1 1/2 tablespoons milk powder
4 teaspoons instant yeast
1. Wash and peel the sweet potato skin.
2. Cut cube and boil with water until soft.
3. Keep the sweet potato water aside to cool completely.
4. Mash the sweet potato and leave it to cool completely.
5. Sieve the flour, add milk powder,sugar,yeast, salt and mix well.
2. Add the egg, sweet potato and water, knead into a dough and add butter.
3. Knead until the dough is smooth, cover and prove for 1 hour.
4. Punch out gas, rest 5 mins. Divide the dough according to your pan size or the shape that you would like to made.
5. Roll out the dough and then roll up like swiss roll.(This step is for loaf type )
6. Put in a grease loaf pan,cover and prove 45 mins.
7. Brush with egg wash and bake at 190 deg c for 15 mins or until cooked.
8. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
If using breadmaker
1. Add the ingredients to the bread pan in the order as suggested by the manufacturer of your breadmaker brand.
2. Press dough function, when ready remove from bread pan. Divide the dough according to your pan size or the shape that you would like to made, rest 5 min.
3. Roll out the dough and then roll up like swiss roll. (This step is for loaf type)
Cover and prove for another 45 mins.
4. Brush with egg wash, bake at 190 deg c for 15 mins or until cooked.
5. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Note: Please adjust the temperature and baking time according to your type of oven.
Have a nice day!