Here's the situation... you have nothing to serve for dinner. To cook, you're just too lazy. Then the thought of having burgers for dinner came to mind.
Beef burger, checked
Chillie sauce, checked
Frozen chips, checked
Burger buns.... oh oh.....not available!
There are two suggested solutions to this problem....
1. Start the engine and drive to the shop and get some burger buns
2. Bake your own buns.
Which of the above will be your choice? Mind you, there are only 2 solutions given. Number 3 is not applicable!
I chose number 2.
Because I am lazy to go to the shop to get some burger buns. I'd rather torture my breadmaker to knead my dough and prepare the buns myself. I made 4 buns, just for the kids' dinner. Not much hassle in preparing, that's why I decided to bake them myself! *wink*
Posted by MamaFaMi
110ml lukewarm water
1 tablespoon castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dough softener
1 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tablespoons milk powder
1/4 teaspoon bread improver
1 teaspoon instant dried yeast
1 1/2 tablespoons margarine
1. Pour water, sugar, salt and dough softener into the bread maker pan. Top it with flour, milk powder, bread improver and yeast.
2. Set the breadmaker to Dough function.
3. Once the dough is just combined, add in margarine. Leave the Breadmaker to continue doing it's job. I just leave the dough for about 1 hour in the bread maker and it's ready to be shaped.
4. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Form each dough into a ball and rest for 10 minutes.
5. Flatten the dough slightly and place arrange on a baking tray.
6. Cover the buns and let it rise until double in size (it takes another 30 minutes, depends on the weather). Brush the buns with some egg wash and sprinkle with some sesame seeds..
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Once out of the oven, brush with a bit of margarine. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Have a pleasant weekend!