Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cream Puffs

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Hubby was on leave yesterday. We had things to settle. We thought we had only one thing to settle but it turned out, we managed to settle quite a lot. So it was a very rewarding day yesterday, alhamdulillah. Among them, I managed to register my daughter in the MOHE system. That was very challenging to me because being a first timer, I was totally lost. But then being me, I would find ways and means to get it done. Only thing I had to bear is the tense. Once that was done yesterday night, I felt like a huge boulder was lifted off of my shoulders. What a relief! And when hubby asked me to join him for tea at the kedai mamak, I gladly tagged along! I had teh tarik kurang manis and thosei! Lovely!

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

For today's recipe, I will post the Cream Puff recipe which I've tried from Allrecipes. I've adjusted slightly the recipe recommended by Sharifah Aliyyah Albukhary, but didn't really jot them down. Perhaps, I will have to try baking them again soon, insyaAllah. Thank you again Aliya for digging the good recipes and sharing it with others.


CREAM PUFFS
Original source : Shellie Wendel of Allrecipes
Posted by : MamaFaMi

Ingredients :

2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk

1/2 cup butter
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs

Method :

1.Mix together vanilla instant pudding mix, cream and milk. Cover and refrigerate to set.
2.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
3.In a large pot, bring water and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
4.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Centers should be dry.
5.When the shells are cool, either split and fill them with the pudding mixture, or use a pastry bag to pipe the pudding into the shells.

Note :
When I tried this recipe, I had piped the whipping cream as the filling. I had not tried Shellie's filling recipe.


Have a nice day!

10 comments:

  1. cantik nya puff..
    tak nah try buat lagi..
    ma..napa tak dak tajuk..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Izahdaut :
    Ya Ampun Izah...terima kasih sebab beritahu. Mama pun tak perasan, tak ada tajuk. Hehe... dah edit dah. Ni semua sebab tak sabar-sabar nak start menggosok baju la punya pasal nih!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama...gud morning!!!
    aaahhh cun yer puff mama itu...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. nak 4 biji je... suka cream puffs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. cantikkkknyer puff nie...rasa sayang lak kalau nak makan...x penah try lg buat puff nie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. salam mama .... the instant vanilla pudding mix nie boleh dibeli dari mana?

    ReplyDelete
  7. sadap nyer.. cantik je naik.. sy biasa bermasaalah skit ngn cream puff nih. selalu xnaik cantik.. mama ada tips x?

    ReplyDelete
  8. nampak cantik dan berseni lah... mesti sedap ni kan..? hubby ita mmg suka tapi ita aje belum pernah cuba sebab tak pernah jumpa resepi yg best... rasa2 dah jumpa dah ni boleh lah ita cuba... TQ mama

    ReplyDelete
  9. beuatiful touch with amazing recipe....:)...mouth watering....I'm kind of sweet tooth person....:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. salam ma! long time no see :). ohhh this is my favorite ma...tapi hat beardpapa tuu cik hal...ai dont like ehhehehe

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!