Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Strawberry Cream Cheese Butter Cake

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Yesterday evening, when I was typing the previous entry Wakaf Al-Quran, I was about to click on the PUBLISH button when my doorbell rang. It was Tini, my dear neighbour, Saerah's helper. She came to give me these...


...thank you Tini for being the delivery girl and thanks to Saerah for remembering me...

All I could utter when I looked at the container was MASYAALLAH. ALLAH is just great. I had not yet done the good deed (promoting the Wakaf Al-Quran's blog), but HE had rewarded me! Thank you ALLAH.

T.H.E M.E.N.U


T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

I visited Jun's Blog yesterday afternoon and saw her Blueberry Cream Cheese Butter Cake. Looks yummy to my eyes. I have all the ingredients except the blueberries. Asked the kids to accompany me to Giant to get some, but no one is willing to accompany mama and that made mama just too lazy to go as well. But since I just feel like trying out the recipe, I just used up whatever's available at home. Wallah, I found some frozen strawberries in my freezer. Pity pity strawberries..all frozed up! Let me just warm you up! Hahaha... So yes, I've transformed the recipe into something else. Thank you to Cook Republic for the idea and Jun for leading me to the site. Thousand apologies for the transformation though... :D

My only mistake when baking this recipe is I had used the wrong sized tin hence the not so nice looking cake. Since I've made just half the recipe, I think the best tin to use is the loaf pan. The recipe posted is the full version.

STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE BUTTER CAKE
Adapted from : Cook Republic

Ingredients :

1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon strawberry essence
150g strawberries, fresh or frozen - diced
2 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
250g butter, softened
250g tub Cream Cheese (I used Tatura)
1/3 cup Nestle Strawberry flavoured milk
3 eggs

Method :

1. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time until fluffy. Add both the essence.
3. Add the cream cheese and milk. Beat until smooth.
4. Fold in the flour until mixed and then fold in the strawberries.
5. Pour the bater into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 35 to 40 minutes or till done.


Have a nice day everyone!

19 comments:

  1. salam...ziarah & follow...visit my blog @ http://homechocobakery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama, x aci tau makan sorang jek kuih koci tuh...x reti2 ke suh jiran tu antar kat Ummi sikit..huhuu...fav kita tuuu...haiyaaaa...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sedapnyer mama kuih koci tu...tgk pun tahu mmg sedap...

    ReplyDelete
  4. dah lama tak makan kuih koci ler... sedap nya tu mama... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalamualaikum Mama,
    sedapnya kuih koci......lama tak makan....tiba2 termengidam la pulak....pos mai Penang sikit..

    ReplyDelete
  6. ma..heheh..mkn k x kek tu? stoberi eh? siap ade frozen? kalau kt umah jun, bukan sempat frozen..silap2 nk mkn sendiri pon kna sorok..anak2 jun sama mcm mama dia, giler stoberi..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....love that cream cheese cake...looks delicious....

    ReplyDelete
  8. sedap nya semua tu... drooling here mama...!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muzhirah :
    Waalaikumussalam.

    Ummi :
    Ummi...tak reti reti nak mintak sendiri ke? Muehehehe... sabau je la...

    fiza :
    I tell you.. memang mabeles. Ada dua jenis sebenarnya. Satu guna tepung pulut hitam, satu lagi tepung pulut biasa. Kuih koci Melaka mari tawwww...

    Diana @ Melley Mey :
    What can I say... the kuih koci memang sedap banget!

    Wattie :
    Waalaikumussalam Wattie... hihi.. nak pos lagu mana ke Penang tu cik oi. Takut sampai nanti basi dah. Hang cuba buat sendiri no..... :D

    Jun :
    Ma makan gak ler kek tu sebab nak rasa dan nak kena bagi feedback. Tapi since mama ni bukan penggemar benda manis, so makan gitu gitu je la... :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kitchen Flavours :
    Salaam Lubna. Yeah... all in one! There's sweet, sour and everything nice... :D

    MULAN :
    Ish...nak amek tisu... cepat lap molot tu.. nanti orang nampak, malu lak.. hihihi...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...such a droolworthy cake! I'm quite addicted to cheese cakes lately...huwaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. uih semua sedap sedap... yummy perut pun berbunyi...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Assalam mama, waduh lauk mama tu sedapnya memang complete set lah tu..tengok kuih koci, lagilah terliur..ada juga kek..bonus tu..

    ReplyDelete
  14. wahhhh..sedappnya..terliur mas tengok pagi2 ni....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Assalam mama...aritu dh terliur masa tgk kat umah kak jun...arini dh menitik air liur tgk kat umah mama pula

    ReplyDelete
  16. Salam, sayangku mamafami,memang kuih koci 2 kegemaran saya. Mak saya selalu buat.Yang kelakarnya bila saya makan saya akan keluarkan intinya sikit. Mengamuk mak saya he he. Mama, 2 day kosmo 23/3/11 Rencana Utama pasal Elis (BRING BACK FERRIS TO MALAYSIA) pagi2 buta saya dah nangis ni. Ada ke sapa2 kat sini kenal dengan orang2 NGO ? Amin Amin. KAK RINA.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi MamaFami, I love that kuih kochi, have not eaten that ages.
    And your strawberry cream butter cake looks delicious. Can practically get the beautiful scent here.
    You are very good, creative too.
    Have fun and keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Assalamualaikum mamafami, salam perkanalan...geram sangat tenguk kuih koci tu...antara projek yg belum terlaksana!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!