Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Assorted Buns Ixora II

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

What would be your answer when your child asked you this question...
"Mom, if I have a child later on, and if I am not happy with her exam result, must I just tell her the truth?"

I was asked the same question by my daughter yesterday. Alhamdulillah she got through all her subjects but she wasn't happy with her result. Frankly speaking, I did not put too high hopes knowing that she's really struggling with her Bahasa Malaysia and half of the subjects that she had to sit for SPM are in Bahasa Malaysia. Nevertheless she made it through, alhamdulillah...

I just told her what is done can't be undone. There is no point regretting. Now don't look back but look forward for a brighter future. Strive harder and you'll taste the sweetness of victory. All the best my child....

Back to the question asked.... what will be your answer?

Mode : Mentally exhausted...

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

When I looked at Ixora II's parade of buns, I just can't resist to try out the LOVELY recipe. Her buns looked soooooo soft...dengan kedut-kedut yang jelas kelihatan... that I feel like pinching them! Haha.. Sorry Ixora for being so brutal! Haha... And thank you for sharing the recipe with us. Allow me to re-post the recipe here. Thank you...


ASSORTED BUNS IXORA II
Source : Ixora II's Blogspot

Ingredients :

500g high protein flour
90g castor sugar
4 tablespoons milk powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon bread improver
1 tablespoon dough softener
11g instant dried yeast
2 nos eggs
3 tablespoons butter
150-200ml water
1tablespoon gluten/ wheat gluten (I didn't put)
enough cocktail sausages

Method :

1. Place all ingredients except water and cocktail sausages in the mixer bowl and mix well.
2. On the mixer with the dough hooks on and pour water, little at a time till you get a soft dough. Knead for at least 20 minutes. The longer the better.
3. When the dough is smooth, remove from the bowl and divide into 25g each. Make into small balls and let it rest for 10 minutes.
4. Roll each ball into a strip and wrap around the sausage. Arrange on a floured baking tray.
5. Sprinkle with a bit of water and wrap the tray with a clean plastic bag to proof.
6. When the buns are double the size, egg wash and sprinkle with a bit of sesame seed.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25 minutes.
8. Once out of the oven, brush with a bit of margarine for a shiny look.
9. Once cooled, keep in an airtight container.

Note : As usual, I used my darling Breadmaker to do the job for me!


Have a nice day!

6 comments:

  1. mama... mcm diana tak perna nak menaruh harapan yg melambung2 tingginya... cukup ler ngan kemampuan anak2 dengan usaha mereka selama nie kan... Tak per.. nxt time bole buat yg lebih baik lg kan .. :)

    Wah mama.. cantik nya buns tu.. comey n geram tgk.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamualaikum MamaFami..

    Lembutnya tgk roti tu...rasa nak ngap! jer...hehehehe

    Bilalaaa...si Lin ni nak mulakan meroti yer...berangan2 nak buat brownies tak buat2 pun lagi.

    Brownies itu hari sedapppppppppnya Ma...Terima kasih daun keladi...hihihihi

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam ma, wahhh gebus nyer roti tu .. geram.. nak pinch boleh? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MamaFaMi
    I've always envied the quality of bread that you make. They look and I'm sure taste delicious too! I've tried some of your bread recipes (am a silent follower of your blog). They turn out only ok and nothing close to yours..haha.. I guess I just do not have the patience to knead the dough. Have been bugging the hubby to get me a BM.....tunggu saja lah...
    Continue baking all these wonderful recipes and thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mama, alhamdulillah dan tahniah buat Fatin yea....ok dah tu setelah berhempas pulas...puashati jika dah usaha kan...so don't look back...focus on next step k! InsyaAllah kejayaan ada di mana-mana selagi berusaha...

    Mama, roti mu buat ku terasa di"torture" laaaaa....sungguh lembutssss nampaknya...nak buat laa.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!