I must have had such a good sleep yesterday. At 6 am, I woke up after the alarm that I had set in my handphone started screaming. Woke hubby up and after he had left for work, I continued my sleep. I didn't realized when I had off the other 2 alarms that I had set. I dreamt, I met up with a group of my ex-schoolmates when I was sweeping a room in a shopping complex. What on earth was I doing, sweeping a room in a shopping complex!!! I am not a cleaner, am I? Hahaha... When I opened my eyes, it was 7.26 am! Boy did I jump out of the bed! Not only me, my dear boy had the same impact! I am very sorry Boboy. What a lousy mom you have! He was ready in a jiff and had to F1 to school. But guess what, we weren't the last to arrive though the time at my dashboard was showing 7.36 am. There were another 2 cars driving in to drop off their children...
Yesterday when I was enjoying my time ironing, I was thinking whether to cook or buy takeaways for lunch. At the very last minute, I made up my mind to cook. When I thought I had nothing to cook, surprisingly I ended up with these colorful menus. Alhamdulillah....
I had tried a recipe from Kak Liza's 1Hari 1 Resipi book. Thank you Kak Liza for sharing the recipe with us. Allow me to re-post it here for others to view. That book of hers is worth keeping. Not only it provides you with easy and simple recipes but also it 'served' you with mouth watering looking food.
DAGING MASAK HITAM
Source : Chef Hanieliza
500g sirloin - sliced thinly
1 tablespoon fennel powder - mixed with a bit of water
1 teaspoons cummin powder - mixed with a bit of water
2 tablespoons cooking oil
5 tablespoons thick soya sauce
1/2 cup tamarind juice
salt to taste
To be minced :
3 cloves garlic
1 1/2 inch ginger
3 tablespoons chillie paste
1. Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Add in the minced ingredients together with the fennel and cummin paste. Stir till fragrant.
2. Add in the sliced beef and a bit of water. Put the lid on and let it simmer till beef is tender.
3. Add in the tamarind juice and thick soya sauce.
4. Leave to cook till the sauce thickens.
5. Remove from heat and ready to serve.
DAGING MASAK HITAM
Sumber : Buku 1 Hari 1 Resepi Hanieliza
BAHAN - BAHANNYA :
500g daging - dipotong nipis
1 sudu besar serbuk jintan manis - dibancuh dengan sedikit air
1 sudu kecil serbuk jintan putih - dibancuh dengan sedikit air
2 sudu besar minyak masak
5 sudu besar kicap pekat
1/2 cawan air asam jawa
Bahan-bahan untuk dikisar :
10 biji bawang merah
3 ulas bawang putih
1 1/2 inci halia
15 tangkai cili kering
KAEDAH PENYEDIAAN :
1. Panaskan minyak dan tumiskan bahan yang dikisar bersama bancuhan jintan manis dan jintan putih sehingga wangi.
2. Masukkan daging dan sedikit air. Biarkan sehingga lembut.
3. Apabila sudah lembut, masukkan kicap dan air asam jawa.
4. Masak sehingga pekat dan pecah minyak.
5. Apabila sudah masak, bolehlah dihidangkan.
Note : For a bigger sized photo, you can always visit MY FOTOPAGES.
Have a nice day!