Please accept my apologies for not updating this blog yesterday as I had said I would. Yesterday I just got carried away doing new experiments in my kitchen, one after another, beyond control! And as usual, dear mom will just peep from far and shake her head. She'd rather keep herself at a safe distance from me because she knows this one daughter of hers 'flies' in the kitchen! Hahaha...
Anyway here's the recipe of the pizza, as promised, in my Facebook that is...
190g bread flour
10g milk powder
15g castor sugar
110ml lukewarm water (maybe more)
1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
Bread Maker method :
1. Pour water into the breadmaker pan. Add sugar.
2. Top it with flour, milk powder and yeast.
3. Set the bread maker to DOUGH function. After about 3 minutes kneading, add in the margarine. Let the bread maker continue kneading.
4. After about 20 minutes, turn the bread maker off and remove the dough from the pan.
5. Punch down to release the air. Cut the dough into two and shape into balls. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Roll to a round thin shape. The thickness depends on how you want your pizza base to be.
7. Place on a tray. Using a fork, prick the surface of the dough.
8. Grate a bit of cheese on top. Then spread the pizza sauce on top. Arrange the polony and whatever topping you like. Grate more cheese on top.
9. The dough doesn't take long to rise. Once it has risen enough, bake in a preheated oven at 190 C for 25 minutes.
1/2 large onion ~ finely chopped
2 large tomatoes ~ chopped
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
a pinch of sugar
salt to taste
Extra-virgin Olive oil
Cheddar cheese ~ grated
Mozarella cheese ~ grated
1. Heat a bit of extra-virgin olive oil. Add in garlic paste.
2. Add in chopped onion and fry till fragrant.
3. Add in chopped tomato and stir well.
4. Add in tomato sauce, sugar and salt.
5. Let it simmer for a while and remove from heat. Ready to be used.
Have a safe and enjoyable weekend everyone!