I am not feeling well today. Had to force myself up to prepare lunch for the kids. Alhamdulillah I came across this recipe that Mamazieza had tagged me in Facebook. It's simple to do and the kids loved them. Thank you Mamazieza and allow me to post it here for the viewing pleasure of others.
Source : Mamazieza
6 pieces white bread
1 egg - beaten
Oil for frying
4 pieces beef sausages - blanched
1/2 onion - diced
a bit of black pepper
fresh tomato - diced
cheddar cheese - grated
1. Roll together two slices of bread. Cut the edges. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok. Dip the rolled bread into the egg and coat it with breadcrumbs.
3. Fry till golden brown. The bread will puff up. Remove the bread and onto a kitchen towel.
4. Meanwhile, for the filling, slice the blanched sausages. Heat a bit of olive oil and saute the onion till translucent. Add in beef sausages and a few dashes of blackpepper. Remove from heat.
5. Cut the fried bread diagonally. Open up the middle by making a slit using a sharp knife to reveal the pocket.
6. Fill up with the filling and the garnish. Serve with french fries.
Have a nice and safe weekend... take care!