Last Sunday, I received a text message in my handphone from my dearest neighbour, Saerah. She had asked me if I am at home. And luckily I was because, ten minutes after that, my door bell rang. The always cheerful Tini was at the gate, bringing 'ole-ole' from Madamme Sae. Mmmm something smell nice! Tha dhaaa.......
Thank you dearest neighbour.. let me give you this pantun...
Terima kasih daun keladi
Selalu selalu hantar lagi
Lepas ni hantar olio spagetti
Ku beri bekas kosong minta di isi....
Boleh gitu! Hahaha......
When I posted the Lemon Rosemary Chicken on my Facebook wall, I received quite a number of comments. Among them, ideas as how I can enjoy the chicken besides eating it just like that. And I fell for one....Chicken Sandwich.
I remembered Fatin always brag about the Italian Bread from Subway. So I think, I'll challenge myself and bake my own Italian Bread. Went on the internet and settled for this recipe from Allrecipes dot Com. I will post the recipe here with a slight addition. Here goes nothing.....
MAMA D's ITALIAN BREAD
Source : Christine Darrock
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon active dry yeast
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon bread softener (I added)
2 tablespoons olive oil (I added)
Method : (using Bread Maker)
1. Pour the warm water into the bread maker pan. Add sugar and salt.
2. Top it with flour. Add active dry yeast and bread softener.
3. Set the breadmaker to Dough function.
4. Once the dough is just combined, add in olive oil and leave the breadmaker to continue doing it's job. This process will take about 1 1/2 hour including prooving.
5. Divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Form each into a ball and let it rest for another 10 minutes.
6. Take a dough and roll flat. Roll like a swiss roll and place on a baking tray.
7. Cover the buns and let it rise until double in size (it takes another 30-40 minutes).
8. Mist with a bit of water and bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 20 to 25 minutes.
9. Once out of the oven, brush with a bit of margarine or butter.
For the original recipe, you can click here
With the chicken and the bun, this was what I had for breakfast... and I had a happy full tummy that last me till tea time!
Have a good day everyone!