Saalam to everyone... My duaas, may all of you be in the best of health.
I had my whole family at home last week. So I was pretty occupied. Trying my best to satisfy everybody's need. And at the same time, I had visitors too. Though I'm not feeling 100% fit, I've tried my best. Hopefully everybody's happy.
When Fatin came back, she had flipped through my newly bought cake book. She told me to bake a cake from there as she just had the urge to eat cakes. Being a mother who never has the heart to say no to any request especially when it comes to baking, I was more than willing to bake her one, with great pleasure. And alhamdulillah it came out lovely and the way Fatin enjoyed the cake, it was worth each and every bit of my effort. Thank you my darling baby.
Fatin dearest, may you excell in your SPM. You've worked hard and now just try your very best. Just remember, in everything you do, you have a purpose. You must be prepared to pursue your purpose. Always pray and ask for direction, guidance and protection from Allah Subhanahuwa Taala. Always be positive. May Allah bless you my dear. Amin
This is the cake that I've baked to fulfil Fatin's request. Thanks to my new book.
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup self-raising flour
4 eggs - separated
2/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup blueberry jam
1/2 cup cream, whipped
1. Preheat oven to moderate 180 C. Brush 2 shallow 20cm sandwich tins with melted butter or oil. Line bases of tins with baking paper. Sift flours together three times onto a sheet of greaseproof paper. Place egg whites in a large clean, dry bowl. Using electric beaters, beat until firm peaks form. Add sugar gradually, beating constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thick and glossy.
2. Add the egg yolks, beat for another 20 seconds. Fold in flour quickly and lightly with a metal spoon.
3. Spread mixture evenly in prepared tins. Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly golden and springy to touch. Leave the sponges in tins for 5 minutes before turning onto wire racks to cool.
4. Spread jam evenly onto one of the sponges. Using a fluted nozzle, pipe whipped cream in rossettes over jam. Top with second sponge, and dust with sifted icing sugar before serving.
Storage time :
Unfilled sponges can be frozen for up to one month; freeze in separate freezer bags. Thaw sponges at room temperature (for about 20 minutes). A filled sponge is best served immediately.
The secret to making a perfect sponge lies in the folding technique. Use only a large metal spoon, working quickly yet gently to incorporate the flour. A beating action, or using a wooden spoon, will cause loss of volume in the egg mixture and will result in a flat, heavy cake.
KEK SPAN KLASIK
1/2 cawan tepung
1/2 cawan tepung naik sendiri
4 biji telur - diasingkan putih dan kuning
2/3 cawan gula kastor
1/2 cawan jem blueberi
1/2 cawan krim putar, dipukul hingga kembang
Kaedah penyediaan :
1. Panaskan ketuhar pada 180 C. Griskan 2 loyang bulat bersaiz 20sm. Alaskan dasarnya dengan kertas minyak.
2. Pukul putih telur hingga kental di dalam bekas yang bersih dan kering. Masukkan gula sedikit demi sedikit sampai habis. Terus memukul hingga gula larut dan adunan pekat dan berkilat.
3. Masukkan kuning telur dan pukul lagi 20 saat.
4. Kaup balikkan tepung.
5. Tuangkan adunan ke dalam 2 loyang tadi. Bakar selama 20 minit hingga kek kuning keemasan. Setelah masak, biarkan kek di dalam loyang selama 5 minit sebelum dikeluarkan dan disejukkan di atas redai.
6. Sapukan jam di atas satu kek dan paipkan krim putar. Letakkan kek kedua di atasnya. Taburkan dengan sedikit gula icing sebagai hiasan.
Have a nice day everyone!