No-ramblings-today-as-my-spacebar-key-is-totally-not-working!That-explains-all-the-dashes-after-each-word!!!I-am-tensed!!!Till-this-problem-is-solved,then-only-I-can-get-back-to-work...meanwhile-I-will-only-cut-and-paste-whatever-I-can-from-my-old-home- MamaFaMi's Fotopages .
Source : Noni
300 g butter
400 g flour (I took out 1/4 cup)
130 g cornflour
100 g icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 egg white ~ beat till fluffy
90 g icing sugar
1 tablespoon cornflour
To scribble :
Scoop a bit of the topping above and mix with cocoa powder or you can also use chocolate emulco
1. Sift flour and cornflour. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and icing sugar till well combined. Add in vanilla essence.
3. Add in flour, bit by bit till soft dough is formed.
4. Roll dough 1/2 cm thick and cut using a heart shape cookie cutter. Arrange on a tray.
5. Using your finger, spread the topping on top of each cookie.
6. Use a clean toothpick and dip into the cocoa mixture and scribble on top of the white spread.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150 C. Just use the bottom heat to ensure the top doesn't browned that much. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
What I did...
1. I used margarine.
2. There's a lot of balance for the topping. I normally use 3/4 recipe for the topping, and that should do it.
3. For the cocoa mixture, I added a few drops of brown coloring to give it a darker color. If only I have chocolate emulco....hmmm.....
Take care everyone!