How's your Sunday so far? Hope all are well, enjoyable and fun, not to mention safe as well. Mine had been quite a good one so far. Managed to do most of the house chores by morning which allows me to do my ironing as well. I miss my iron actually. Weird, I know. But when you like it, you just like it! Haha...
Syahmi had his tuition with Iddin at our house just now. And after the class, I just served them with some Roti Boy which I bought yesterday and also a cake from the wedding gift. Then I went on AllRecipes dot com to look for any drinks that I can serve them and stumbled upon this Hot Chocolate Drink which I think is the best to serve my visitors. I wasn't wrong. All of them loves the Creamy Hot Cocoa. Thank you to Jeanie Bean of AllRecipes dot com for coming to my rescue. Allow me to post the recipe here, with a slight changes to suit my taste, so that many others could enjoy your lovely recipe.
CREAMY HOT COCOA
Source : Jeanie Bean
Serving : 4
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup white sugar
a pinch of salt
1/3 cup boiling water
3 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
enough whipping cream
a bit of cocoa powder to sprinkle (optional)
1. Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan.
2. Blend in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn't scorch.
3. Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil!
4. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
5. Divide between 4 mugs.
6. Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature. Sprinkle with a bit of cocoa powder.
Have a great day everyone.... I am off to somewhere with my complete family.... Fatin is back for 2 weeks....