No stories today as I have to settle some chores before this afternoon. Do have a nice day and a nice and safe weekend everyone!
Tried this recipe yesterday, after baking some cupcakes and cakes. Will post the photos in my later entries. These muffins are nice and moist. Thanks to Dorie Greenspan for sharing and allow me to re-post it here, with some adjustments that I had made.
Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Source : Dorie Greenspan, Baking: From My Home to Yours
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
4oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
(To sour milk: Use 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar plus milk to equal 1-1/2 cups)
1. Layer the muffin cups with papercups. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter and half of the chopped chocolate together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; or do this in a microwave. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract together until well combined.
5. Pour the liquid ingredients and the melted butter and chocolate over the dry ingredients and, with the whisk or a rubber spatula, gently but quickly stir to blend. Don’t worry abo ut being thorough – a few lumps are better than overmixing the batter.
6. Stir in the remaining chopped chocolate.
7. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
8. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
9. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing each muffin from its mould.