Jumaa Mubaraq to all....
This morning, I woke up to a sad news of the popular ERA radio deejay, Din Beramboi. He passed away at 12.30pm after suffering from Dengue Fever. Inna lilahi wa inna alayhi rajioon. For more detailed news, please click at Utusan Online. I love listening to his morning show together with Pak Nil. Both of them are so entertaining which always make me smile and laugh alone! All his spontaneous jokes will be dearly missed....May his soul rest in peace. Al-Fatihah.....
Since it's a sombre day, I won't be writting much and will go straight to the recipe of the day. Made these rolls yesterday afternoon and managed to distribute to 3 other hoiuses. Came across this recipe at Zack's Fotopages which lead me to Dailydelicious Blog. I just had to try baking the rolls myself after looking at the beautiful photo of the rolls on both the ladies' webpage. Thank you to Pook for sharing the recipe with all of us and allow me to post it here, the way I had prepared the rolls. For Pook's method, please click here
BUTTER FAN TAN ROLLS
225 ml fresh milk
2 teaspoons caster sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 egg ~ beaten
450 g flour
15 g fresh yeast or 5 g instant yeast
30 g margarine
55 g salted butter ~ softened
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley (I used spring onions)
Method : (using Bread Maker)
1. Pour fresh milk into the bread maker pan. Add in sugar, salt and egg.
2. Top it with flour and yeast.
3. Set the bread maker to dough setting and let it knead for 5 minutes. Add in 30g margarine.
4. Leave to bread maker to finish it's task which will take about 1 1/2 hour including prooving.
5. Meanwhile, mix butter, crushed garlic and spring onion.
6. Once the dough is ready, cut it into 2 portions. Roll flat one portion into a square shape.
7. Spread evenly the butter mixture on top. Cut the flat dough into 6 strips.
8. Place the strips on top of each other.Then cut the long 6 stacked strips into 8 or nice small pieces.
9. Arrange the small pieces into the muffin pan.
10. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 25 to 30 minutes or till golden brown. Oven temperature and baking time may differ.
Have a nice and safe weekend everyone!